Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water pump pictures

Default Water pump pictures

Does anyone have a picture of a stock water pump w/o pulley?

I'm replacing mine and I'm interested in the mysterious pulling process.
    Also, who's the best resource for pumps?

Well okay, welcome to one of the biggest "sore points" of the 230 engine. There has been much discussion and consternation about pulling the two apart. Some say it's not possible without special tools and others say it's not possible at all without disabling the pulley altogether.
    There is a zoner here that offers the separation service for a fee, and will rebuild the pump while doing it. Hopefully he'll post up and give you his speil.

I dropped 5 stock water pumps off with my machine shop owning friend last week. I told him to do what ever he had to do to get them apart, make up a rebuild for the bushings and seals and put it all back together again. Then give me a price his company would do this on a 1-2 pumps per month max basis. He told me to give him 2 weeks before I came by to bug him. Hopefully, I will have some news and prices next week.

But, that doesn't help you today. I would suggest you contact anybody that is posting about putting in a V8 and see if they still have the stock water pump. Going price for the last few years for a good used pump has been around $75-$100. New pumps with a pulley are normally above $125.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

there has just been rebuilt pumps on ebay i think its from a.b. lynn, or perhaps memphis-all w/o the pulley. It is hard to get on an off the shaft
    w/o breaking the pulley an its NOT avialable new if you break yours you have to find someone w/ a whole pump to sell

I do it for 45.00 including return shipping.
    bob

That is just mounting the pulley and not rebuilding anything, right BOB?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

yes this is just removing the pulley from the old pump, installing it on new pump, boxing it up and return shipping. i,ve got a dozen pumps being rebuilt but i dont know when they,ll be done and what its gonna cost yet sorry. cardone is a bugger to deal with but they do a good job .
    bob

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    yes this is just removing the pulley from the old pump, installing it on new pump, boxing it up and return shipping. i,ve got a dozen pumps being rebuilt but i dont know when they,ll be done and what its gonna cost yet sorry. cardone is a bugger to deal with but they do a good job .
    bob

Cardone is my wife's uncle...he is one very wealthy man...too bad his product is complete crap...and is now worse since they moved their main plant to Mexico late last year!!

I won't install anything remanned by Cardone...I just had a guy bring me a Geo with a bad Cardone water pump with 20,000 miles on it...Cardone=crap and I rub it in whenever I see the family!

So now we know why you didn't post up in Taco's "10 Years" thread, eh Frankie?! Heh, heh, heh...

Good info on Cardone. Thanks!
    -- Tim Taylor

I,ve had nothing but good results from a1 cardone re-man parts . all the big auto parts places use them so they gotta be good. everyone has a misshap every now and then. it could have even been bad parts from there supplyers. never know. they stand behind the products also. just my o2
    bob