Thread: Grant Steering Wheel

Default Grant Steering Wheel

After driving the 715 for the first time I have a new appreciation for how big our steering wheels are. Im a small guy and w/ my seat adjusted all the way forward the wheel is in my groin. It'd be a huge help if anyone knew what model we needed to get a grant steering wheel for our trucks. I couldn't find any search engine that would offer a J10/20 or 2000 option. Would a Gladiator be more in line and as an additional thought I am thinking of picking up one of those "quick disconnect" kits for a steering wheel...it'd make it much easier to exit the truck.

I'll try and remember to get the p/n I used tomorrow. It's been a while... I'm thinking they listed the same part no for all the J-trucks. EDIT: just looked at the grandproducts.com site, no J-trucks...will have to check that p/n

One thing to remember -- the smaller diameter wheel will give you less leverage, so if you don't have power steering...you'll get a better workout.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

I used a Grant adapter kit...it is the one for the pre 74 full size Jeeps...I just used my trucks year, 1967, and said it was a Gladiator, no sweat.

The only problem now is that they dont appear to make that kit anymore...last I checked, it isnt out there...hope you can find one...

Maybe I should pull my piece out and copy it...

Just looked at the J.C.Whitney catalog, they have mounting kits for jeeps.

I looked online and JC Whitney only lists 1976 and up for the Grant installation kits...their name for the adapter setup.

I found this part number posted by Airborne on the temp site for the correct kit from JC Whitney:

#716B-12

That number does not come up on their site though but may still be available in the catalogs.

I'll just give them a call...I'd rather deal with a person then struggle with a catalog. Yes I already have power steering.

Sounds like a good time to put in a tilt steering column from a slightly newer FSJ
    Two birds with one stone!