Thread: typing in caps question

Default typing in caps question

what difference does it really make if a person types in caps or small case really ? some say its shouting but i dont see how. some people have a real vision problem and can only see large letters so whats up? some just like to complain, be offended easily so to make a point easy, to reject easy and on and on. they like to make a pointless point just to make friction and have know one elses interest in there life but there owns . tell me do you park in handicap parking ? do you have a handicap sticker on your mirror when its not so ? do you open doors for ladys ? do you take cuts in traffic to further your self ? do you dissrespect others especially elders ? do you have respect god ? have you served in our military to some degree to earn your right to have the privledges of our country ? if you see somebody needing help do you just drive by ? if you see a blind person do you offer to help cross the road ? on and on. honour, grace and mercy are all hard earned and if a late 50,s person cant see as good as you do you have it in your hert to be helpful or do you take offence of a persons handicap. always in life you reap what you sow and the longer it takes to come home the more it stings. so i guess in stead of 300 times magnifying glasses i,ll just use a magnifying glass also to make the offended ones happy.
    bob

Typing in all caps is widely considered to be YELLING and is therefore considered rude. Thus it is against the rules on this and most other boards.

There's supposed to be a way to enlarge the font, at least for what you post, that does not entail the use of all caps. I will look into how to do it for you, Bob, and let you know what I find. I think you'll find that makes it easier than even all caps when it comes to the use of the board.
    -- Tim Taylor

BOB: Have you tried changing the font size? On my computer it's under the VIEW heading, scroll down to TEXT SIZE and change it to something bigger. Give it a try!- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

If you have a need for larger font, Windows and your browser have ways to do that.

If you think about it...I have a full size van...I dont have a wheelchair ramp or lift as I dont have a wheelchair...someone else who has a need for one can get one installed but I dont have to.

If you need a larger type, get one...but I dont need one...seems simple...and its very common on message boards to restrict the use off all caps...very common.

Thanks for understanding.

I am going to move this out of the M715 Tech Open Board and to Questions and comments on the website...where it truly belongs...

A VERY easy way to enlarge the font on YOUR browser is to hold down the Ctrl Key on your keyboard. Then you can use the + (plus), and/or - (Minus) keys to control the font size.
    Or, you can use the menus option like Gonz mentioned.
    I know I have to do this on some site because the text is SO SMALL it's not even funny.

As for the rest, hey, I served, I am a nice guy, etc. And I put up with a lot of people's stuff.
    But it isn't just one or two people that don't want/like to read posts that are in all caps. It is typically the vast majority of people who cannot stand to read posts like this.

Personally, if I see a post that is in all caps. Or is one big run on sentence, I just don't read them. I flat out IGNORE those posts unless I know I am supposed to be reading them (like your post that started this thread).

Oh, we are not trying to put you down. We are just putting something to voice that a LOT of people are too timid to mention.
    BUT, we also are more then happy to try and help you find a better way for you to enjoy this, and many other sites.
    All caps helps some for you to see the text, but making the text a lot larger will most likely help you out even more. And won't affect anyone else.
    This is just to show that larger text, without all caps, is easier to read.