Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheet metal

Default Sheet metal

Does anyone know where new rocker pannels can be purchased for these trucks?

Try Mill Supply here in Cleveland. They make rockers for the Civy truck which will work on the mil truck. http://www.millsupply.com/

Got to Jeep then 63-86 wagoneer which also covers pick up parts. I think the rocker is 48" in length.
    Zone holster maker

I have one from Jeepanels plus I won't be using if you need only one.

http://www.jeepanelsplus.com/index.htm
    Here is the link to Jeepanels Plus. They also make floor pans.
    1969 M715 W/WN

Thanks a lot guys! This site rules! I was trying to sell my truck, but with all the resources availible on this site I will keep it and fix it to better than new!

Try BJ's Offroad. http://www.bjsoffroad.com/default.asp They have pretty much everything for Full size jeeps, not all but most will work on our trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mot-Man-616 View Post
    http://www.jeepanelsplus.com/index.htm
    Here is the link to Jeepanels Plus. They also make floor pans.
    I am not bashing Jeep Panels Plus but I have a gripe...I bought a section of floorpan from them. They are really nice people and the guy is cool BUT the floorpan they sell is basically a piece of flat sheetmetal that they stamp depressions into. It is nowhere near fitting without MAJOR surgery. I have installed die-stamped floor pans in some Mopars and at least they are molded with the contours of the existing tranny hump etc. When I saw the floorpan after I purchased it, I said to myself...this will wind up not getting used!

I bought the floorpan from there and decided it would be much easier to just repair the small sections with butt welded patches and grind smooth.

Unless your entire floors are rotted away completely, I would suggest welding in metal patches as needed.

My floors aren't that bad...they're only rotted at the rocker pinch weld. I planned on making patches and but welding them in. My rockers are wasted though so I will need new ones.

How are your welding and fab skills? I went with my own Fisherman Fabbed 1/4" plate steel rockers they look factory and will probably never get damaged.

I am pretty good at welding and fab work. 1/4" steel seems pretty HD. I will probably go with sheet metal pre fabed so install time will be less. my truck allready had one frame off resto without needing any rust repair. I don't have the time to do that again.