Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the deal with New Life???

i bought a complete set of straps from the original owner of New life resources. they are made well and seems to be holding up after being outside for 1 1/2 years.

I bought a vinyl cab top from Beachwood canvas. It fits well and has done well outside over the past year. Customer service, price and delivery where great.

I can't speak of the new owner of New Life, i havn't bought anything from them or seen any of thier products in person. I have seen both WeeBee Webbing and Beachwood canvas at the Aberdeen MV show. I was impressed with the quality of thier products as well as thier customer service. I can't say how well either of thier tops fit or how long they will last.

Anyway if you all are have problems with New Life i would give both of them a call.

I spoke with new life today about my order (going on 10 months). Spoke with a different lady (not Mona) and she said Mona was working on my order now and had the material cut out and was getting ready to start sewing. As far as I know, neither WeeBee, Beechwood, Memphis or Surplus City offer any tops other than stock. New Life offers the stock top as well as a modified version with M37-style rear window and optional blackout curtains.

As soon as I get the stuff I will post pictures.

Personally, I am a fan of Mona (New Life owner). I think she really cares about quality. My top is a New Life production, but it's one of the last that Judith made. Mona made my seat covers for the deuce passenger seat I put in my 715 and she did a great job on it. Same with the in-cab straps I got from her.

But she is falling too far behind in her orders and, making matters much worse, she does not readily respond to calls or e-mails. The combination is really bad for business since so much of it is word-of-mouth.

The key to Mona's problem, in my opinion, is better communication.
    -- Tim Taylor

No experience with New Life and I know it sounds corny, but I came away from Beachwood with the impression that they take a lot of pride in what they do and really strive to make the customer happy. Just a for what it's worth for anybody on the fence.

Quality wise I think Beachwood and New Life are about the same. New Life gives you more options and will do custom work and the cost from NL is less since Beachwood is a big company and does gubment contract. I think Mona just purchased the company what 8 months ago...I think she is going through some growning pains. I think it will get better in time.
    Zone holster maker

Just got my new top from Surplus city today, I will fit it tomorrow, asked for a black out cover for the rear window they said no problem, and also said it has a zipper to keep it closed. I will report tomorrow on fit and finish. I hope it wont be one of those saggy wrinkled tops.

Got my top from Mona last week and got it installed. Quality and fit are both excellent. Only problem putting it on was that it started pouring down rain just as I started. I got the roll-up rear window with the black-out curtain and they work great. I will try to get some pics posted next week.