Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Drive! Yahoo!

Default First Drive! Yahoo!

Well, okay, I started my day at 0500. I went out into the garage and started getting everything ready for the first start up and drive of the truck.
    Around 8 my friend showed up with the timing light, vacuum guage and tach.
    After just a little piddling around getting everything hooked up came the moment of truth and shazam it fired right up!!!!!
    I did have to reverse the power steering hoses, and in this case anyway the small hole on the P/S box was the RETURN. Any way got that all sorted out and of course shortly after that I did have to drive it up and down the street, around the block and back again. Everything went swimmingly. (good word huh)
    Now that I know that it'll run I can start putting all the sheetmetal on.
    I did take a really short video that I'd like to post but is that possible on imageshak? If so someone give me a shout and I'll try to get it on here.

Thats awesome! I know photobucket does pics and video, But I'm not sure about imageshak. Are you going to update the PS box thread? So, refresh us(me) about the driveline. Congrats, I am so excited to get mine done as I am doing similar things, just not as thorough as you.

The drive line is made up of a 1984 SBC 350, rebuilt to stock specs except for the cam being "one step up" from stock. The trans is an SM465 with a custom shift lever, the tcase is an np205 with a specialy fitted (READ:cobbled) ebrake. The pumpkins still have the stock 5.87 ring and pinion but will most likely be changed out to 4.56 in the near future.
    I do need to update the P/S steering thread and I have a very hard to see picture of the completed box.

Congrats!!!

Why a custom shifter? I don't recall having to mod the one(sm465) we put behind Oilcan's 6.2.

Well I had to shorten the rod by about 5 inches and the shift knob had to be modified to fit.

Not original I know but still very cool to me.

Very nice work! That pic added to the questions I have. Did you do a write up on the cabling? I see the plate covering the starter and 3 lever switch. Is that the non army paint with metalic in it? I want more in your pictures! Next time take 2 steps back!

Thanks, it's Nissan D13 Canteen Green. In the sunlight it looks pretty OD with a little metallic in it. I'll be posting more pics as soon as I put on more stuff. What cabling do you mean?

I guess you got a wire harness from somewhere as I saw a key hanging from the dash. How do you turn on/off lights and stuff?

you can go to www.rapidshare.com or www.megaupload.com and upload your short film. It will provide you with a download link and you can then post it on the site. BTW Congrats on the truck.