Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: P/S Box Pics

Default P/S Box Pics

Going down to get my hoses fabbed tomorrow. I'm using a FSJ box (not a saginaw 76, thanks Bob) and a GM Pump. Here's a shot of the box:

Of the two holes, one is high pressure and the other is a return but which one is which? In the picture the upper hole is larger than the lower one so if you could use simple terms for me...."big hole is..., small hole is...". Also what kind of fittings do I ask for tomorrow? Is there a name or size I should tell the guy I want? I've already got the box mounted or I'd take him the whole thing.

Also today I took some advice from the threads and cut out the two diagonal braces under the rad and lowered it about 4 inches. Lines up much better with the fan and shouldn't cause any clearance issues with the hood, I was a little concerened about that.

Also here's a picture of the seat bottom I fabbed to mount this after market seat. I had two different types of seat bases so I had to get creative twice! It looks like a mousetrap but it allows about 5 inches of fore and aft travel.

I'll try to get some semi completed shots posted later this week.
    Last edited by fng; July 22nd, 2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Nice, I know how much a pain it is doing those little jobs. It all pays off in the long run.

Thanks Gimp. Almost 50 views and you're the only one to reply, I was beginning to wonder.....haha

Well, as I am getting ready to do my driveline swap, I am also probably going to add the power steering. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

I'm in the same boat, Can't seem to find my old fittings. I think it is self explanatory if you look at the back of the pump. Not sure though. I'll be figuring this out soon. Also keeping an eye on this post. Good Luck

General rule of thumb:

Small hole is.....pressure.
    Big hole is........return.

Don't want anything causing a restriction to flow.

My .02, but I presume you figured it out already.

Actually, no I haddn't. Thanks a ton. I need to get the hoses configured and need to know what combination to put on the hose ends. I tried to fit in some standard GM hoses and the didn't fit. The guy said I could take home a handful of fittings and choose the one's I need. I'll post up when I get it all screwed up...I mean together. hahaha

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzer View Post
    General rule of thumb:

Small hole is.....pressure.
    Big hole is........return.

Don't want anything causing a restriction to flow.

My .02, but I presume you figured it out already.
    Right on..... You want more room to get out, than to go in. I'd suggest adding a P/S cooler too. I run one on my Bronco II now and it seems to help the pump stay quiet, and doing its job after a long hot day of wheeling. I just plumbed it in the return line.

Very cool, maybe somewhere down the road, but for now...I just wanna get it running!

Default Hoses

I was able to go to NAPA and get generic hoses for an 85-92 GM box. Found the ones with the proper bends and they fit great. Cost under $20. Cheaper than fabrication!