Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tires - Tubes & Flaps

Radials have the belts at angles to the tread where bias ply are straight in line...different forces are generated when they flex and due to this so there are different tubes...radial tubes are heavier duty.

I put my order in today, Rusty was out but the fellow on the phone was also well aware of "our militart truck tube needs" and was VERY nice to talk to and the order went very smoothly. FYI: Int'l Tire & Tube's part number for this 11.00-16 radial tube with steel valve stem is 11425 and at a cost of $22.82 ea. The only catch is that the valve stem is a little longer than what is required with this tire (5" vs 3.385") but I told him I would just use a tube bender to bend it up a bit out of the way. Where else you going to find this tube? The fellow said the real world application of this tube is for a low boy trailer tire.
    Last edited by amanco; July 26th, 2007 at 04:32 PM.

Nice to hear it isn't just a one person company. The rest of the office must wonder why all these weird people keep calling for Rusty though.

The 5" stems don't stick out past the lip of the can. At least the tubes I got from Rusty doen't. Mount and inflate one before you go to bending unless you want the bend that is.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I'm trying to find tubes. The website that you guys have posted doesn't seem to be valid any longer? Has anyone bought tubes lately?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

radial tire tubes are a lot thicker

Roger that. I'm trying to source some. Looks like Coker Tire, Universal Vintage Tire and maybe Lucas Classic Tires have tubes with the bent valve stem?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Amanco...are you going to do all these yourself?.....if you are, please remember to use 2 heavy chains (or more) bolted, through and around the rim and rings!!...if one flies off....you might become a "past member" on here....split rim rings are no joke when replacing tires....go watch a youtube vid of one blowing off....chain them and stand well back while filling with air

Pomps Tire can help, but I dont think that they do mail/internet orders. If you get north at all, they have locations in Indiana.

They get all of my business on my daily drivers. They dont hard sell you on crap that you dont ask for and have great service.

http://www.pompstire.com/locations.aspx
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Call Wallace Wade in Dallas. Tell them what vehicle you have and they will get you the correct tubes, flaps and tires for it.

Yes, Wallace Wade has them.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13