Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JP magazine

Default JP magazine

Dont know if anyone posted on this already- JP magazine is starting an upgrade/mod story on the M715. This month was just swapping in a new SBC for a worn out one already in the truck. They promise more upgrades in future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk715 View Post
    Dont know if anyone posted on this already- JP magazine is starting an upgrade/mod story on the M715. This month was just swapping in a new SBC for a worn out one already in the truck. They promise more upgrades in future issues.
    I read it, I think the owner (Christian Hazel?) is on here. As I remember back in the day, he posted a bunch of help-me stuff right before the big failed trip his truck didn't make it on (it was an earlier story in JP). Cappa used to hang around here too, but I don't think the worship was up to his standards and he got tired of people telling him to shut his pie-hole.

Was a decent story but alone, it wasn't enough to make me take the magazine home.

Hazel is, or at least was on here, as is/was JPedro The Jeep Burning Mexican White Boy.
    **I heart Bump_r **

ummm--ok--Is this a sore topic?? lol Actually just saw the mag while shopping for vittles at the grocery store and thought it might be interesting. Never read it before yesterday. But your right--the story wasnt much help but sounded like the future stuff might be interesting.

There are 4 members of the JP staff that show up here every now and then. One, Over2land used to be a moderator before he took the JP job even. Some of our current and past members have contributed information and pictures for articles as well.

But, as with any profession where thousands of people can see your work. Magazine writers are considered wrong by some of the people who read their work. A person writes enough stuff and pretty soon everybody can think of at least one thing that was wrong some time in the past.

The above answers your question and gives an unbiased view. I would suggest you buy at least one issue, read it cover to cover and make your own decision about buying anymore. I think any of us that subscribe can point to errors or good tech at will. It is just a matter of how much you can tolerate in the error:tech ratio scale that will determine your view of the magazine.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Here are some pictures from the article on their web site.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbui...ras/index.html

There are some other online articles for M715s. If you are concerned about the acuracy then just look at the pretty pictures.

I wouldn't say it's a sore topic by any means, and accuracy isn't necessarily a big stickler for me either. What I have a hard time getting past is the way Cappa has run what used to be a great magazine so far into the toilet.

When was it better? You have to go back quite a few years now to be Cappa-free, and really, the mag hasn't changed THAT much since it stopped being a sort of resto-mod mag, with articles on brass-plaqued AgriJeeps and the like.

I wouldn't sweat it.
    **I heart Bump_r **

First 4x4 mag I've ever bought actually-Was more of a Car Craft and Hod Rod guy in my youth. But after 5 years you find them putting new spins on old stories-or just plain reprinting them. Again-Just saw the 715 in there and thought I'd mention it. By the way I'm gussing a Cappa is a person.

Just got this months....3 M715 related articles and ANOTHER M715 cover!!