Thread: tires

Default tires

Need to order my tires today. I was looking at s. swampers but can't find a 39 in anything but a bias and my experience with them has been noisy and hard to balance. I also looked at the maxxis trepador(radial) and creepy crawler(bias) and they are tall enough just not sure if they really fit the rugged look of the truck. They both come in 40x13.5x17 so I think on a 10" rim they will look wide enough just can't make up my mind on appearance. Looking for .02... anybody got .02?

No, every time I get $.02 I just seem to buy more parts with it.

Once you get above 38 x 12.5 tire size, you will have clearance issues with a stock suspensioned M715. You can do it, nobody will stop you. You just might not be happy with it.

I know you have read it many times, but the Michelin XL or XZL tires are just about a perfect no brainer fit for these trucks. I run them and would recommend them to anybody looking for tires. XL for mud and more off road and XZL for a mix of both.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Well I have been finishing up my spring over and 38 seems too small now.

Taller tires sounds good. But, any wider than 12.5 and you are going to hit the springs at full lock with stock rims or rims of that back space.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

2X Tim's comments

You can change the backspacing on the centers to help a little, then the well seems to small.
    Go Ahead, Make my day