Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canvas top comments

Default Canvas top comments

I've looking at m715s for a while, do the soft tops leak and are there any other leaks to be worried about?

My New life top is 5 or 6 years old. No leaks at all. The inside does not even get damp. If you want you can buy CANVAK from Cabela's and reseal an older top. It is clear and does not have color in it. It will darken the canvas a little bit. Smells good to.... Not.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Murphy's Law #1 of Military Vehilces:

When driving in rain water will leak between windshield and cowel and the water will drip onto the drivers right foot thereby soaking it!

If the canvas top is in good condition it shouldn't leak. You can get a leak between the cowel and the windshield frame, but that can fixed.
    Zone holster maker

There are other options too. I had this top made by New Life, it's a rubberized vinyl. No leaks, and I like the way it wears. I believe it was called "top gun" or some such? I think it will go well with the 24052 that is my ultimate goal for the truck.

Other pics:
    http://www.sjmembers.com/gallery/vie...mName=Exterior

Don't all jeeps leak there Joe?

Yes that is why it's Murphy's Law #1. Definently for MV's and I'm sure some CJ also...
    Zone holster maker

WOOOO WHOOOOO

just got my father's day gift!! a new life canvas top with all the special features....

anybody got a truck I could try it on? Mine is torn down to the frame... hmmmm, I could put the window frames in just to try it on.
    Go Ahead, Make my day

Score! They must have planned that WELL in advance as I understand Mona is booked pretty far out. Get the blackout curtain too?
    -- Tim Taylor

Black out curtain, zip up window, stowage straps, smell, the works. It was actually a birthday present for May 2 that turned into a father's day gift 2 days late... But Like I said before, don't even have a truck to use it on.

Will it dry out and form cracks if stored in the box for half a year or so?
    Go Ahead, Make my day

You know that smell costs a LOT extra. It should store fine. When I store my top which is usually not for long (Pacific Northwet) I fold it around the rear window so the window has no folds in it. To keep it super nice you might lay a towel you don't care about (trust me the smell does not wash out) under and over the window to keep scratches down. The best product for scratches should you get them is Novus. 4WD hardware along with several well known shops carry the trio of Novus stuff.

Thats one of the best tops sold. Congrats!!