Thread: Turn Signal Switch

Default Turn Signal Switch

My truck came equiped with a bolt on turn signal switch box with lever and hazard pull out marked SIGNAL-STAT 900 SIGFLARE DOT QQC 76.
    My questions are: (1) is this an original piece of equipment or an add on? (2) Is this 12 or 24 volt? (3) Is there some kind of fuse inside that should be changed to become 12 volt if it is 24?

At first I thought it looked pretty cheesy and the P.O. had grafted several wires onto the wad of electrical tape sticking out the side. Plus the bracketry that holds it onto the column looks cheap and flimsy...I'm going to disasemble it here in a few to see whats inside but if you guys have any info that I could use...thanks in advance. T

I couldn't find any of those numbers on my solid state turn signal switch. Here it is on my truck.

As far as I am aware, this is the only switch that will work on either 24V or 12V. You have to have the solid state flasher unit to go with it though.

Here are my non painted extras waiting for paint and to be bolted to the M35. This might give you a better idea of how they look.

Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Found this, maybe it'll help.

http://m37.crwdesigns.com/sigstat.pdf

The early trucks had the old Sparton turn signal unit in the cab with the big distribution box...does NOT work on 12 volts.

The later trucks have the solid state type Barrman shows in his pics and it will work fine on 12 or 24 volts.

In case anyone needs to know, Mcinfantry posted this about using LED lights with the solid state setup:

LED lights work in 12, or 24 volt mode. The incandescant light indicator bulb in the turn signal lever CANNOT be retained. The bulb "lags" and causes the turn signals to "bleed" and not cycle correctly. This is easily remedied by using a 24 or 12 volt led bulb in the lever housing.

Hetzer! Direct Hit! Thanks much!!!!!!

I would add to the LED bit that I learned not all will work on 24 volts. I saw some I liked for the tailgate to supplement the cat eyes and they stated voltage was up to 16V or so. I contacted them about using them on a 24V system and they said they would not be happy, or live long, on 24V. Make sure the LEDs you want cover that range.
    -- Tim Taylor

Thanks Hetzer
    The 900 series wiring digram is what I needed
    Bob