Thread: Those darn Edit time outs...

Default Those darn Edit time outs...

Cut and dried I take a lot of time to write some times. I reread a lot in EDIT MODE looking for spelling and whether I put the stuff I want to say in print the way I want. EVERY SINGLE TIME I have been booted. So what ever I was going to correct gets tossed. I usually shut it down in frustration and go do something else or I would repost. Jon are we going to get more edit time in the future? Paying membership only? I am paid up for now I hope? It's just kind of frustrating. I am very aware you and Hammer are doing this as fast as you can and still have a life. It is great and thanks for that.

Just curious though.

Al.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

When you write your message...have you noticed the symbol in the upper right hand corner that has "ABC" with a large blue check mark under it? This is a spell check for messages. Not sure if you had noticed this or not.

We may loosen the edit for the subscription level when we get there...but we don't want to get burned again...too many times already.

Al and I have talked about this before and I think the problem isn't so much with the spelling, but the wording. I've had the same trouble at times as well.

Sometimes the "Back" button can bring up the original post again, Al. I've saved myself a lot that way. Then I can cut and paste sometimes, and sometimes I have to do a screen shot and re-type. But try the Back button to see if you can find your original work again.
    -- Tim Taylor

You are right Tim. Most of the time it's my wording. I do have spell check on Jon. I'll hang tight for the future changes. It's just frustrating to have it happen.

I understand, I have had it happen to me a few times actually.

One thing I do, by habit now, is BEFORE I post something I have been working on, I select all the text and copy it. Then I post. If I have a problem posting it, I have it copied, and it's easy to just paste it back in and try and post again. I do this on the other boards where I do not have any control over how they run the setup.

You can also write those BIG posts in Wordpad, then paste them into here to post. I know it helps me sometimes when I am making a big post with a lot of info.

Personally, I don't like the time limit for editing, and feel your pain. But having being burnt so bad in the past, we don't want to travel down that path again.
    The good news, and although it is a PITA, you can always ask a mod/admin to edit your post for you. We know it's a hassle, but it's something we have agreed on, that because we impose the time limit, we are willing to help you out when editing is needed.

Very well put Hammer...and something that isnt said enough...by me especially...

If anyone does need help with edits...or anything else her on the site...at any time, PLEASE post, PM or email a moderator, admin or myself.

My "door" is always open!

Thank you! Those ideas are great. That will help a lot.