Thread: Front fender trim for tire space?

Default Front fender trim for tire space?

Has anyone trimmed the back of the front fender towards the door to allow for more room. I finally mounted up my 14.00x20 (49") tires and it rubs when the rear portion of the front tire moves inward. When the front of the front tire moves inward there are no clearance issues.

My idea was to trim the fender panel back to the door and modify the flat fender portion so that it covers it up. Any pics or other ideas? I do not want to add any more lift it has to be done with sheetmetal mods.

thanks,

It has been done before and from what I hear it is a pain. The fresh air ducting goes all the way down there and is a pain to cut and paste back together.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Maybe it will be worthy now...lol

This is my thought. But it does appear that under the front fender there is some structural material. Any suggestions? Anyone actually done something like this that has pics?

a few more pics of project. this is a work in progress and not tested yet.

Rear steering arrangement.
    Had to move the rear springs under the frame to allow more movement in rear steering. This arrangment allows me to use the stock springs front and rear. Rear does not use blocks, just the brackets under the frame. The front is just spring over axle. Both spring pads (mounts on axle) with stock M35 pads.

Front axle set up for driver side driveshaft while the drive shaft is still connected to the stock np200.

Looking good.

I wasn't trying to dissuade you from doing it, just passing on what others have commented on. Besides the cowl fed vent area, there is also the space for the door hinges to fit into when the doors are shut. You might end up having to re think your doors.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw