Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare tire changing kit for the -715?

Default Spare tire changing kit for the -715?

What was the original tire changing kit that came with the M715 series trucks? I have gotten a lot of different answers from different folks at Aberdeen this past weekend and can't get the real answer. All I know is its very hard to find a lug nut extention that fits the 1" lug nuts, all the extentions I have laying around here fit larger nuts, I believe for deuce-and-a-half.

Ken-tool has a 1" lug wrench. Just paint it green and tell everyone it's stock. No one but you will know the truth.

kwai, you didn't answer my question. I didn't ask what would pass off as an original tire changing kit, I asked what the original was.

Any resto experts out there with the correct answer?

All the resto guys left in '01.

There are some people I am going to call and try and find out for you. They have original vehicles straight off the depot lot.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Tacoma, when you get that info please put it here and not on a pm. I would like to know also. Thanks
    Last edited by boghog; May 14th, 2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: s/p

I have what I consider is the "original" lug wrench for the truck but how does one prove it. It's an EL shaped lug wrench, black, no part numbers. 3/4 inch diameter bar. The long leg is 2 ft and the other is 10 inches. The lug end is 1" six point. The long end tapers to a flat blade that's tip is slightly concaved?
    No camera available for images.
    Robert-CA

In all the trucks I have acquired, I have never seen nor heard of a "original" lug wrench for the m715. The quirks manual shows a "L" shaped lug wrench. Hiker's sounds like the one shown in the quirks manual. Not sure what the jack would look like though.

Default lug wrench

Where would the stock wrench be stored? Thanks, Michael

Never seen a stock lug wrench or jack...the basic issue items list, from the -10 Operators manual lists:

JACK, Mach, Dbl-Screw, 3-Ton, Ratchet Type, 9" Closed, 18" Open (65909-932115) In tool compt on R.H. or L.H. lower front side of body.

WRENCH, Socket, Wheel Stud Nut, L-Hdl, 10.5" Offset, 1" Hex Opng, 24" long. In Tool compt on R.H. or L.H. lower front side of body. 65909-925304

Hmmm... I forgot all about this, but I got a jack with my truck. No idea at all if it's correct for an M715 though. It's in rough shape too, but could be cleaned up.

I'll take a picture of it when I get home.
    -- Tim Taylor