Thread: Fuel Cell's

Question Fuel Cell's

Anyone running one? I am thinking of runing one and mounting it in the front of the bed under a tool box. Just fishing for some ideas.

i used gas tanks out of a 75 chevy stepside pick-up. they are small but fit in between the crossmembers of the frame just like the stock tank did. i just made my own brackets to mount the tanks they sit very high and look good.

the only problem is that they are only 15 gallons each. but together you have 30 gallons of fuel and now you have common parts if you need any.
    M715,s..are a mans jeep...

I have a tank I will probably sell - sits in the bed, tool box on top, looks to hold 40 or 50 gallons. Arrived in a J-truck I just bought.

Not sure if that would be an option for you or not.

I also have an extra stock tank if yours is missing.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Mine is there, I just was thinking over my options. Thanks guys.

I was thinking along those lines as well. I would just like the added fuel capacity for those day long trail rides...I wanted to mount an addition tank opposite the stocker...I dont think it'll be possible with the muffler there so I am now thinking of using a Cucv tank in the rear in place of the spare. I have access to a couple including the skid plates,etc. Its not a large tank but will give me a couple more miles worth of fuel.

The more I have been looking at it, I am thinking a tank from a 90's Bronco will work perfect, I saw somone else did it and looked like it didn't hang to low in the Kaiser. They are 32 gal, have an efi fuel pump ready to go, and then I could keep it outa the bed to save space. Guess we will just have to see what I find a better deal on, but I am liking this idea so far. Any thoughs?

I have a 33 gallon tank from a 77 chevy van that was intended for the spare tire location. I've changed my mind now since I'm not satisfied with the tire being in the bed. There is no really good way to mount it that looks good and is out of the way in my opin. I would stay with the stock location. If interested in the tank I have let me know 'cause I'm gonna talk to Rich about his stock tank.

Wasnt someone going to post pics of their sidesaddle tanks mounted????

im the one with the saddle tanks, but my scanner is down and i can not get pictures put in my computer to show you all.
    M715,s..are a mans jeep...