Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deuce windshield in a 725

Default Deuce windshield in a 725

I have finally found an affordable deuce windshield. It got to my house this weekend. I have taken measurements and they are smaller than the 725 window opening. I am planning on taking it down to just the rectangular frame that houses the fold out glass. I will get some pics on here soon.

cool!
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Then maybe you can keep your doors on in the summer time, huh?!

Al's '69 CJ-5 was the first vehicle I'd ridden in with the windshield that would flip open like that. Fantastic ventilation! I wouldn't mind putting one on my '77 CJ-5.
    -- Tim Taylor

What does it measure? Inquiring minds need more projects.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

60x20.5 is the part I will be using, it will require trimming some metal with lots of spot welds in it. I could use a larger piece and save some headache, but I have a vision of what I want.

I WILL be able to keep the rear doors on. It helps alot for now, but pulls in alot of dust! I will also have to do some work on the rear driver side window that was hacked in. It got shattered on a tree in Haspin last year that pulled off one of my door hinges at the top in the back.

I was thinking about the deuce frame in my M725 also. Would like to see how it looks.

I'll post up once I get the frame down to where I want it and post some pics before I take out the old windshield.

So I got the sides and soft top rail off. I must warn you, if you use the wrong chisle, you WILL gash the metal. Do yourself a favor and use one that has a bend in it to make clean up easy. Pic 3 shows the gash from the streight chisle and pic 4 shows the spot weld popped from the bent one. The window is smaller than the original left to right by more than I hoped, but oh well. Here are some pics so far.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gimpyrob...60762401765095

Little taller....little narrower...what is it like from the drivers seat as the steering wheel is pretty left edge?

Good pics...thanks for posting!