Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: divorced to divorced

Default divorced to divorced

Has anyone done two NP205 cases?

Don't know about the zone guys, but Pirate has a doubler tech write up...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ler/index.html
    Go Ahead, Make my day

Isn't Tacoma doing a 203/205 union of some sort?

Yeah... Like that article.
    Last edited by Binford; April 25th, 2007 at 01:22 AM.
    -- Tim Taylor

I've never seen dual 205's, not say it can't be done. Obvious problems I see is coupling the two cases together, i.e., length issues. That with the fact that the first 205 would need to be clocked up outta the way, and the second 205 clocked a bit down, in order to have driveshaft clearances. Running linkages would be interesting, but could be done. Here's a link to an article on someone who did a sm465/208/floater 205 setup, http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564901 , as you can see, its fairly long.

If you want proof that length "can" be overcome, here is a thread regarding dual transmissions, http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hlight=doubler, just a tad bit long, . Here is another dual transmission thread. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=301670&page=2.

In my opinion, the more efficient, cleaner, stronger approach is what most people are doing, marry the range box of the 203, or even 241 case, to say a 205, D20, or D300 with an adapter kit.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Length will definitely be an issue there. You could clock the first case pretty high though...

I wouldn't recommend doubling anything to a D20 or 300 though. Extra torque will just kill them.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Yeah, I agree with going the 205 route. I'm assuming this would go in JeepCj's 715, in which case I wouldn't "step down" to a D20 or 300 if going the mated doubler route. I mentioned those cases, because the article ColHart has linked shows a 203 mated to D20 case.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Thanks for all the advise. I like the 203/205 combo, but an allison trans never came with a married case that I know off. I could go with an underdrive but that big $$$$. Can a 203/205 be made into a divorced case? To bad the dana 20 case would not work, I have a few in the barn.

There are about 5 divorced Ford 203's. Good luck!

This also begins to beg the question: is a doubler necessary? The utility is for rockcrawling. The lowest low is really, REALLY low. Twin-sticks make sense for the 2wd low, but doublers? Not so much.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Quote Originally Posted by tacoma View Post
    is a doubler necessary?
    When twin sticks aren't enough (levers that is), gotta go with a doubler to add another lever.

In all seriousnous though, your talking a low low range of close to 4:1. That coupled with the rather steep price to actually go the doubler route, and you had better be hardcore and really need it.

As far as divorced setup, they made divorced 203's didn't they?
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Quote Originally Posted by tacoma View Post
    There are about 5 divorced Ford 203's. Good luck!

**I heart Bump_r **