Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner!

Default New Owner!

Hey everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a M-715. It is in pretty good shape, a few minor issues to take care of but a good buy, no title anymore so I will have to figure somthing out there. All I have to do is get the CJ-7 parted out to get this one going and I will be good.

Well i am looking for some opinions. This truck will be a wheeler so, I am not looking to fully restore it or anything. The truck has an IH 345 V8 in it now that is seriously tired. Being the Ford guy I am I am looking to swap in a 351 V8 and C6 auto transmission. I am not sure if the stock case will stay or the dana 300 from the CJ. I am recentering a set of H1 Hummer Wheels for the truck and 38" TSL SX's. The rear of the bed is pretty beat up so I am thinking of bobing it off to clean it up and to improve diparture angle.

I have always liked these trucks and I am acting like a little kid since I finaly got one. I am sure I will be needing plenty of advice and tips along the way, and look foward to getting to know you all. Thanks,

I will get some pics as soon as I get it drug home and start the build up.

I get to be the first to welcome you to the madness!! congrats and I look forward to pics. I just love pics!
    Go Ahead, Make my day

Yes, WELCOME!!

We have several members out your way...could be a big help to ya!

Hey Thew, welcome aboard! Always glad to have another (fairly) local guy. Shooter68 is also up in Valley, so you guys are neighbors.

Give me a call sometime and I'll help you out with whatever info I can.

Rich
    Omaha
    639-9250
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Thanks, I am sure I will be picking your brains here in the next couple weeks when I start working on it.

Valley, Nebraska. What the hell! How did you sneak a 715 in with out me noticing. I live at 28579 Potter St. (The Pines golf course) and I know you've probably seen the big black Chevy with all the antennas, lights, swampers, and the SHOOTER license plate. Stop by sometime, that'll really freak the neighbors out. (they hate my 715)

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER68 View Post
    Valley, Nebraska. What the hell! How did you sneak a 715 in with out me noticing. I live at 28579 Potter St. (The Pines golf course) and I know you've probably seen the big black Chevy with all the antennas, lights, swampers, and the SHOOTER license plate. Stop by sometime, that'll really freak the neighbors out. (they hate my 715)
    Well I'm from Missory and I've seen that hunk of junk!It kills the heartbeat thingy. LOl's
    Welcome Thew 077

Quote Originally Posted by Thew_077 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Being the Ford guy I am I am looking to swap in a 351 V8 and C6 auto transmission. I am not sure if the stock case will stay or the dana 300 from the CJ.
    Let me know how this goes, I just recently got a m715 that has a Ford 351W in it and I want to do something with the rest of the drivetrain. I'll let you perfect it, then we work on mine.

Sounds good guys.

Shooter I see your chevy all the time, I work over at Valmont.

I am tring to hunt down another 351 now(all i have is 302's left), and sell off some of the CJ stuff. If the weather cooperaties the 715 should be in the driveway by saturday.

Once I get it home and give it another once over I will decide on what stays and what goes.

Thanks again guys.

Thew,

If you can't get your title figured out, try these guys: http://www.broadwaytitle.com/

If you have a notarized bill of sale (and the cash ) they will fix your problem.

The hummer rims with M715 centers will really change the stance of that rig. My neighbor runs them on his truck.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Welcome aboard.