Thread: Pictures and story of how I got my m715

Default Pictures and story of how I got my m715

I was looking for older Lincolns for sale online when I spotted one I really liked. It was a 1973 Lincoln Mark IV from a lady in Sierra Vista AZ.

I went to go look at the car and it was then I saw the Jeep! The Jeep belonged to her late husband who passed away some time ago. I bought the Jeep instead but not without trouble...

I knew this truck was going to need work, since the lady that owned it told me it had been parked for a couple of YEARS! But she would start it every once in a while. She wouldn't/couldn't drive it, I really don't know, and wouldn't sell it for the longest time.

I fell in love with it immediately with it and asked if she would sell was selling it. She said that she had been thinking about it putting the truck in the paper.

I got it running by pouring a little gasoline in the carburetor and my helpful buddy Kyle sprayed starter fluid in there as well. He started right up!

(Just a side note: The lady "Carol" told me that her husband and she had named it "Hector")

She didn't know how much gas it had and recommended that we 1st take Hector to the gas station and fill up... we ran out of gas leaving her driveway lol. That should have been my 1st clue to walk away but no I still had faith.

Break down #1

We got gasoline for Hector and we were off for the test drive! Carol rode shotgun and Kyle jumped in the back of the bed of this pickup. All I have to say about the drive is the Hector rides like a tractor... loud, bumpy, and AWESOME!! Until he decided to quit...
    Break down #2

So I'm pulled over on the side of the road with the hood up trying to figure out why Hector stopped running and I'm checking for fuel, spark, demons, etc.. when I attempt to start him up once more before we call a tow truck... he started right up!... which is scary since I really didn't do anything....

I decided, against my better judgment, to buy Hector "as is". I filled Hectors 28gallon tank up and started the trek home with Kyle in tow to make sure I made it home. 10miles out Hector decides to stop running again...
    Break down #3

So again I'm on the side of the road trying to figure out what happened. Kyle and I were scratching our heads when I attempt to start him up one last time and BEGGED for him to start.... HE STARTED!!

But that was short lived, we didn't even cover a mile and Hector died again...
    Break down #4

Turns out the problem was an easy fix... the air cleaner was making contact with the coil and shorting out!! removed the air cleaner and rode it all the way home fine.

VIN#15732

Its has the following done to it:
    350 Chevy V8
    Turbo 400 auto transmission
    NP205 transfer case
    Dana 60 front axle 4.88
    Dana 70 rear axle 4.88 with Detroit locker
    Saginaw power steering
    Wagner power brakes

having some fun going upstream

So far I've just rewired the whole truck, installed new valve/intake/oil pan/gasket seals, and re greased the front bearings. Runs like a clock, is thrashed, and totally knackered...PERFECT!

sweet - nice story!
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Great looking truck!! And a good story. Congrats!!

I love the story. Makes for an exciting evening. The truck looks sweet. Good score.

Sweet & Neat!! Welcome aboard!!

Yup. He got bit too....

So, you have two windshields? One stuck to the hard top?
    -- Tim Taylor

Welcome to the wonderful world of OD. You now have OD fever and it is incurable.... Congrats on the truck. Good conversion and soild truck. Good score!
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Yup. He got bit too....

So, you have two windshields? One stuck to the hard top?
    Yep one is welded on to the hardtop and the other one is just the front windshield.

I went back a month later and bought the Lincoln anyway

I'm glad my roommates can tolerate me having so may vehicles.

GREAT STORY!!! The truck looks real nice!