Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New wheels and tires

Default New wheels and tires

I got my new wheels and tires mounted today, Woo Hoo! They are 38.5x14.5r18 Pro Comp Xterrain tires on 18x11 Marsh wheels. Let me know what you think.

Very nice indeed. They add a more aggresive look. Cool.

How much weight did they need to balance them? How does it drive going down the road? I like the look. Marsh is sending me a wheel in the next day or so to sample mount. Only wheel company willing to send one so I can try it on for size. If it fits and works out I'll order a set of 5. I'll be talking to them more, he said he could do our factory centers in a 17" or 18" wheel, I might give that a go as well for a different tire other than the Michelins. Oh yes how thick is the center plate, inquiring minds want to know. Looks Great.

I love em... Do you trail ride much? It looks like limited flex before they hit those gorgeous and famous wheel flares. Is that stock height too?

I didn't balance them, I run centramatic wheel balancers http://www.centramatic.com/ that mount between the wheel and hub. They work pretty good too. The center plate is abut 7/16" thick but I didn't measure, just eyeballed it, and the old eyeball probably isn't quite callibrated. They ride pretty good, a lot more quiet than the Boggers I used to have on it. I had them make 5 for me as well. I just need to get on making a spare tire mount for the bed. I think I'm gonna make it hold the tire right where it is in the picture. I take it out on the trails, not as much as I'de like to, but I've never got it to flex much anyway. I probably don't do as hard a tail as you guys do. And yes it is stock height, as of right now atleast.

were your old wheels one-piece as well, or stockers?

if they were one-piece, we need to chat.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

If you were to mount the spare on the drivers side close to the cab, it is least likely to interfere with your blindspot visual aquity, as well as provide some armored protection from behind if you ever needed to un-azz the area in a hurry. hahahaha (joking)

those look similar to the brand new one's i pulled of mine when i bought it. been trying to sell them with or without the custom wheels. lots of interest no takers though.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889

ian, shipping is a major consideration in buying this stuff - Gwen's only a 3 hour drive from me. I didn't think your tire/rims combo was overly expensive, just would be very expensive to ship.

If I recall correctly, didn't you want about $1k for your tires/wheels?
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

How much was 5 of them wheels ?