Thread: Noob with F-350 Questions

Default Noob with F-350 Questions

Hi, I am new to the list and to 715s. I have been building Jeeps for about 30yrs and have had some very cool rigs. Now my questions:

I have a 95 F-350 4X4, 460efi-auto and elec/hyd dump bed that is in great shape but I don't use anymore. I'm really not interested in doing a full restore 715. Has anyone done or know someone who has done a cab/bed swap(715 on a F-350 chassis)? Since I don't use the truck anymore, I think it would make a great foundation for a cool new toy. AC/PS/PB/Auto/75mph-6mpg...Bla,Bla,bla. Is this a hard swap(lot of modding)? Would I be better off trading my truck for a 715?? Steer me in the right direction. Thanks--AW

I can't resist.... I don't know much about the cabs of the F's so I can't tell you the extent of the mods... My Excursion has a flat floor, so I would think you would have plenty of room under the cab. I bet the inner fenders would have to be cut for that engine.

I think the dump bed hydraulics and mech would be a cool mod with the M715 bed. The F's wheel base is longer, turning radius sucks. For a daily driver utility truck, with a hard top and insulated cab you might have a rig. You will never get the luxury and quietness of the new vehicle with our cabs.

With troop seats and hydraulic dump bed, my imagination starts to fly!!

Default Re: F350 frame swap

Colhart, Thanks for the reply. The troopseat thing is pretty funny. As for the deminisions, that is something I would hafta check out. This just came to me on a spur of the moment. Wif said "you havn't driven the 1-ton in a year. Why don't ya sell it?" Actually I am 20 miles from town and most of my driving is around the farm and on dirt roads so noise is not a problem. My f350 just looks so lonely sitting behind the shop since I quit doing tractor work last year. Thought I might be able to dress it up a bit, thats all