Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank Icons

Question Rank Icons

Where do you get those rank icons I see at the bottom of your posts. I've seen Captains, Lt.Colonels, Master Sergeants (AF), and a Sergeant Major. I'd like to have mine at the bottom of my posts, if theres any CWO's that is.

sorry chief, those are for the site admins. It rankles me to have to work my way to private after working my way to Sergeant in the real military.

If you just want something at the very bottom of your post, you can modify your "signature". Go to User CP, which on the left underneath the M715Zone logo. In there click on "edit signature", then put what you want. To the right of where you type your text, you can select a smiley. Selecting, "More" will give you another page with a huge list of smilies. Towards the very very bottom of the list is a bunch of military ranks from different branches.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Yup, we specifically added as many rank icons that we could find to accommodate the actual member's ranks.

They look like : armywo1 :

And the rank next to your name is just for this site. Not meant to demean anyone's real rank in any way.

If we missed any ranks, let us know and we will get them covered.
    I know we don't have stuff for Admirals, etc. So besides all the rear admirals we have on this site , if we have any REAL ranks we are missing for people, we will get them for ya.

Hmm. I don't see any. Oh, there they are.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Yeah, click on MORE at the smilies list, then look at the VERY bottom of the list. All that we have are there.

Very Cool, ya know even alot of active duty types aren't that familiar with WO's. Had to explain a breadtruck full of us to an E-3 AF security police one time out in California, he wouldn't let us out onto the Tarmac ...." yes these are real bars and no were not cadets" hahaha. Well it was funny at the time anyway.

Testing

didn't work

I moved this thread to the appropriate forum....

Looks like, if you go to your user profile, that the rank is displayed there...I am thinking you may not have checked a box...little confusing the way this format does it but easy to fix....

If you go into the userCP, you can see a link to "edit signature at the top....one sets what they want for a signature there.

THEN.....

Click on the link that says "Options" in the UserCP....scroll down the main window to the section titled "Thread Display Options". In that section are 3 checkboxes at the top...

Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images

I have all 3 checked but you need at least the Show Signature one checked for the signature you entered to display in your posts.

I hope that fixes it...let me know if not.

I know...kinda odd but thats how its done.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!