Thread: A little cold weather help??

Default A little cold weather help??

Revisiting an oldie: Lockers.

I'll be moving to where the days are short and they have that fluffy white stuff on the ground. What is the best compromise for this stuff as far as lockers go. On road application - that's where you get in trouble fastest! (I almost lost a 'burban in January on a back road in Montana - equipped with all wheel traction control.)

Note: If you say electric, convince me I won't snag the wires on underbrush or short it out in deep water.

Thanks,
    Snuffy
    Last edited by Snuffy; April 8th, 2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Can't spell...but hell on a calculator!

The con: you WILL spin downhill. Have many crowned roads there?

Other than that, Detroit style lockers seem to be the most consistent as far as handling goes. Take it for what it's worth.
    **I heart Bump_r **

If you can go with a selectable do it. Open it will have great road and snow and ice manners, lock it and max traction when you need it. I run an OX in the back of my CJ and I went everywhere in the ice this last winter. There are many models to choose from. ARB's, electromagnetic, cable, ect... They are the best of both worlds.

I have Detroits in front and back of my cj-5, way too much fun in the mud , dirt, wood, rocks. But on ice forget about it.
    My new truck going together now does have a Detroit in the rear but I am puting an OX locker in the front. Had they had the OX locker available for my rear axle before I finnished it I would have put one in there also. But I got to say front and rear lockers are the shizzle!