Thread: 200 ebrake housing on np202

Default 200 ebrake housing on np202

This is the adapter I machined to allow the np200 e brake flange to clear the bearing and retainer on my np202.

After I machined the adapter I was able to bolt up the ebrake yoke and everything, then I did the ujoint yoke for the centered driveshaft.

Last but not least current state of progress, I have finished up all brake and fuel lines, now ready to mount PTO stuff. Hope this helps FNG.

Not sure about your 205 FNG, but if the bearing and retainer are the same as on a 202 you can do either a machined spacer like I did or some guys I know have had success turning the 200 e brake flange on a lathe and machining into it the correct clearance for the bearing and retainer. I however did not have access to a lathe capable of mounting up the 200 ebrake flange, so I made the machined spacer which worked out fine. If you need more pics let me know as I may have some different ones. Good luck.

i got some machined e-brake flanges in stock now.
    bob

Wow Fisherman. Those are great pics, thanks for posting them. I have a machine shop just a block or so from my house and have been looking for an excuse to drop by there. I'm printing off your pictures to take in for reference if you don't mind. Thanks again and yes it is a big help. BTW what kind of engine is that? Looks really big.
    Bob if I can't seem to make this work I might just give you a call.

1969 buick 350 with t98 trans with t-18 input shaft and carrier bearing, np202, factory length driveshafts, shortened stub shaft. Hydraulic clutch linkage.