Thread: 726 6217 pics/link

Default 726 6217 pics/link

I ran across this while searching for pics. By the way I will be happy when the pics are back up. I am having withdrawls.

http://m715zone.proboards102.com/ind...ead=1162935534

I'm new here, I found this site looking for information on the M729 we have at the fire station. Wow, I found more information then I thought I would. I've only got one picture of it right now, but will get more when I get a chance, and a nice day.

Nathan

Welcome! Wow, that is one sweet looking truck, even in red! I like it, more pics please....

Isn't that an M726? (Or is it M724? I can't remember which is the chassis and which is the service bed.)

....Or is it a "6217"?
    Last edited by Binford; April 11th, 2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Adding to my confusion
    -- Tim Taylor

The m724 was the cab and chassie from the factory. The m724 was the platform used to create the stewart avionics model 6217 contact maint. truck. The m726 was another utility bodied(lower sides and no welder) used in telephone maint.
    And there is another variant of the contact maint. truck, which is a military conversion from a m715 cargo w/winch to a body identical(details vary in the cabinets) to the stewart avioncs body.These can be identified by the use of a 205 transfer case w/PTO to power the welder.
    The last version is what I own. hope this helps regards scott

The red truck is the 6217 conversion. As no3shopset said there is both a early and a later version of the 6217 truck. Two quick ways to tell if the truck is an early or a late version is to look at the data plate on the box (on the front drivers side). If the build date is before 71 then it is probably a early version on a m724 chassis. If it is '76 then it is the later version on the M715 cargo truck. Another way is to look at the location of the welder panel. Early trucks have the welder in the middle compartment and later trucks have the welder in the front compartment.

Unhappy

Yeah sorry, couldn’t read my own writing, it is a M724 Kaiser body/Chassis with the Stewart Avionics Inc. 6217 service body, the welder/generator panel is in the middle compartment. It has a Hobart Brothers Co. Welder/generator it has the serial numbers AY. NO. 8BW-1563 and 8BW-1575. I presume the 1563 is for the welder side, and the 1575 is the generator side?

I will try to get up to the station and get some good pictures of it out side soon. If there is anything anyone wants to see, let me know and I will snap a pic of it.

Thanks,
    Nathan

sorry the ay. no. 8bw-1563 and 8bw-1575 cant be a serial num cus my welder/generator has the same num on the service panel i thought it was a serial num too lol any way i joined here cuz i need info on it cus im trying to put it back into service to power my house lol any help on a manual for that and more general info so i dont damage it

o ya i just have a trailer no truck but i welded a 40hp diseil motor to the frame to run it

i really dont know anything about it not even how much watts it'll put out but i was told it could power a city block lol i sure hope so anything helps mikebingham3@yahoo.com 530-275-1129 or a reply on here works thanks