Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Div Np 205 mounting

Default Div Np 205 mounting

I searched and looked at the pics of spicer's NP205 and I had already thought about using the little ear on the bottom of the case for the left side mount as the top mount is crammed up into the floorboard. I was wondering though if anyone knew why he used the additional brace on the round cover plate? I didn't know if it was something he did initially or found out he needed it later on. Seems like that ear would be strong enough. I am thinking about dropping the stock cross member an inch or so to give the front output a little more room. With it dropped down through the stock crossmember the yoke seems really close. I already test fitted it, and the short shaft and the rear won't have to be modded. The front shaft is too short though. Should be in tommorow if all goes well and the rain holds off (tired of laying under that thing in the rain seems the run off from the truck always finds my crotch).

Which of Tom's 205 mounts are you referring too? The one with the import disc brake on it had to have room for the PTO. The other truck with a stock 200 band brake uses a 1/4" plate in place of the thin stamped PTO cover as the mount.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

The one I found pictures of was the one with the Disc Brake on the back. I would like to do that one of these days as an emergency brake ( I believe there is a company out there that makes a mechanical one for the NP205). I am not going to use the PTO but I would thing it would be harder to make that bracket...

I can't do pictures right now, but let me try to explain what Tom did on his Orange truck.

The passenger side mount is really just a small piece of metal connecting the 205 to the original 200 mount.

The drivers side was made almost as easy. He made a 1/4" steel plate to cover the non used PTO port. He then just welded some 1/4"x1" flat to that from the original cross member.

I do have the pictures on this computer. I took these about a year ago. I can't post anything but thumbnails right now, but they will enlarge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Hey thanks for that set of pics I didn't find that set in my search. I am going to rig that pto mount up on mine ( why I ask so many questions cause it is impossible to think of all the different ways to skin a cat).

I took those pictures a year ago in Tom's barn. The Zone crashed soon after and I don't think I posted them again since.

I have a divorced 205 sitting about 40 feet from me right now across my class. I made a plate to go over the PTO port and was going to mount it just like in the pictures. Then I bought a PTO and two M35's. The thing is getting kind of dusty sitting there all by itself now.

Glad it helped.

I got one side done. I am now on hold till I can figure out what u-joint Dodge used and get it and a side with a 1310.

It looks like you have the spicer strap type yoke, mine had those also, I changed them over to the u bolt type. Spicer dos'nt make them any more, but ironically a company right next door to them does. They are 32 spline, as you can tell the 1310 joint fits (allmost) but there's no stops,and the 1310 cap dia. is just a fuzz smaller.

Looks like a real good job.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/spicergear/albums

This is the link I have

John