Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamat

Default Dynamat

Has anyone used Dynamat or similar product on their truck? I want to try to cut down on cab heat before it gets too hot outside. If so are there any tricks to getting a good install job?

What I want to do is use a good rust proofing paint (POR15 or similar), install the thermal matting, and then go over everything with bed liner material.

There was a JP article a while back where they put Dynamat material in an M-715. Not sure, but I think it was JPete?
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Quote Originally Posted by rpgdeity View Post
    There was a JP article a while back where they put Dynamat material in an M-715. Not sure, but I think it was JPete?
    Yea, I read that but can't remember the issue and haven't found it again.

Yes, it was Jpete. On the board here he is Over2land.
    -- Tim Taylor

I used the regular Dynamat in a 725 [the least expensive stuff]. Did the floor pan , up the firewall as far as I could go with it and the backside of inside door panels , plus other kick panels and panels over exhaust fans in cab . Over the Dynamat I put down jute padding and a rubber mat over that . It cut down the heat , road noise and some rattles. Now I can hear the radio .

I've used Dynomat in several Chevrolet trucks, but have never used it in a M715. It's easy to use, but is says Dynomat in huge letters all over it and you would have to cover it up. Another option would be spray-on bedliner tinted with your paint color. Many automotive paint stores carry it now and some will loan you the sprayer to spray it. I have been spraying the inside of CJ tubs for a while and it works great.

What brand of bedliner have you had good results with, Major, Sir?
    -- Tim Taylor

Try 'fatmat'- I bought 100 square feet on ebay for about $130 including shipping (two big rolls- it's heavy)- it appears identical to dynamat and is much cheaper- good stuff. Don't know where else it can be bought...

The liner I use is called Armour Liner made by a co. out of Shreveport, La called CPS Coatings. I get it from my local auto paint store and they can tint it to your paint color. In fact, I was in there this morning to see if they could match up with my OD.
    There is an art to spraying it if you want a Rhino liner type texture. If sprayed right you can't tell the difference between it an Rhino or Linex. Let me know if you need any help.

Hmmm.... Interesting. How does the price compare with, say, a roll-on liner such as Herculiner or such? Just trying to gauge things here....
    -- Tim Taylor