Thread: Coil Suspension

Default Coil Suspension

Hmm in the many years that this site has been open...dont suppose anyone made an attempt at a coil suspension for these things...seems like flex would be greatly increased w/ 4 links. This is probably crazy but Im still a little tired and running on alot of caffeine.

There is at least 1 that has 4 link...somewhere I have a pic but not a closeup of it or anything...more a flex shot.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I have coiled one. I used Ford 1/2 ton buckets, and coils, with fabricated radius arms. It drove, and rode very good.

Has anyone airbagged one? Using the main leaf as a locator?

just finishing up the front end of our 725.

Used a 1994 Dodge 2500 front clip (was a gasser, so D44).

Lower links are the right lenght for the spring hangers. Just need to fab upper link mounts and TB mount.

Used coil buckets from the 2500 frame (plasmed them off and cleaned them up). Seem to be going well so far. Still no engine yet, so I don't know how it drives

Jason

Cool, that's good information!

Quote Originally Posted by alosix View Post

Lower links are the right lenght for the spring hangers. Just need to fab upper link mounts and TB mount.

Used coil buckets from the 2500 frame (plasmed them off and cleaned them up). Seem to be going well so far. Still no engine yet, so I don't know how it drives

Jason
    **I heart Bump_r **

Here's a pic of the buckets.

You can see the lower link on pass. Need to notch the pass side hanger so that the control arm can go up a little more. DS side is fine.

Main thing I'm worried about is whether or not we got the buckets the right hieght. They're right about in spec if the engine and front clip weigh what I think they should.

Jason

Last edited by Binford; March 30th, 2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Resized pic

That's pretty cool. Any plans to brace that bucket?
    **I heart Bump_r **

I've thought about it. Its actually attached exactly how it was on the 2500 we took it from. The bends in the brace make it pretty stiff. Might put 2 gussets on each one at the top though.