Thread: Ford F350 ???

Default Ford F350 ???

There is a local guy who has a 1990 F350 4x4 with a fuel injected 460 and automatic trans. A little rusty,Runs great. He wants $2000 for it. Axles are worth $1200 arent they?

What do you think?

What should I look for?

I Never owned a Ford , may use the drivetrain in a M715.

Check for balljoints or kingpins, makes a difference. I'd offer him less, but given your location, a truck that "old" in decent shape is probably worth it there.

Drew Arbore is running a EFI 460 from that era and he loves it. The E4AOD is a pretty good trans, too-- I found it to hold gears better and hunt around less than my Chevy counterparts. (I had an E350 for about 5yrs, good van!)

The Sterling rear that's probably in that truck is alright, as well, just not quite as many options as Dana stuff.

Not a bad donor truck, esp. if you're gonna use all the bits.

I'd have to agree with Tacoma. If you can get the truck for less that's always a good thing. If your going to swap the entire engine, trans, transfer, and axles into your M715 then its worth the buy. Just remember when you go to get parts and the 17 year old standing behind the parts counter it's a 1990 F350 and not a 1967 M715...
    Zone holster maker

Similar Threads

1. borg warner 4407 transfer case from f350 ford
    By randall555 in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
  2. 68 m715/89 f350 build thread
    By res0wc18 in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2009, 02:28 AM
  3. ford 300 help
    By FullBird in forum Modified Tech