Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas Question

Default Canvas Question

Some original canvas tops and seats are green and some are tan looking. Were there 2 colors or just one? I'm about to buy canvas, so I need to know.

All GI Canvas that I've seen are OD green. Might have faded to a tanish color from the sun and elements maybe? The only tan I've seen is in vinyl, but for canvas OD Green.
    Zone holster maker

Fisherman has a set of canvas (cab and cargo) in tan. Not sure if it's an aftermarket product or NOS. I think Mona at New Life Canvas can make it in tan, if requested. I suppose it's just a matter of her getting the same weight canvas in that color.

But k8icu is correct, the color difference you see is most likely from fading, unless it's one of those tan ones you saw.
    -- Tim Taylor

This one might look tan, but it's faded OD Green.

...or I just may be color blind.

Canvas was also available in tan for the M715- I've got a complete set of NOS.

Heh, heh.... Go check out the M715 section on Mona's website:

www.newlifecanvas.com

Nice plug for the Zone there!
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Chief View Post
    Canvas was also available in tan for the M715- I've got a complete set of NOS.

Really? That's interesting I've been involved with MVs for 25 years and have never seen tan canvas. I have seen tan vinyl but not canvas. Not saying that you didn't have nos tan...just stund a little that's all.
    Zone holster maker

My tan canvas was made for a special order from Memphis Equipment. I think they had ten sets of tan originally made for some trucks they were building. When I bought this canvass it was the last set they had not sure if it was extra or what. Anyway I was able to get all the canvass for just a little more than what the top canvas usually cost. I will be using it with my Marine corps green truck, it will look unique I hope. It is tan though, still looking for a tan bench seat for it Tacoma???

Well, I've been wrong before and it appears this makes twice

Mine came from Memphis. I thought it was NOS- that's what they said...

I've also noticed two colors, and I also have check out a couple of places that sell the canvas tops. Paticularly New Life Canvas, I also found Surplus City Jeeps has them as well for about the same price. My only problem is trying to locate the cab bows. Any hints or suggestions?