I emailed Stockton Wheel the other day about some new 16x8 w/ 6" b.s. Power Wagon II - 24 Series wheels for the 715. They replied with a quote of $357 each plus shipping.

I received a similar quote from them over the phone in March of '06 and they were about $230 each, but at that time I did not give them the backspacing specifications I required. So, I'm thinking that the Dodge trucks use a different or "standard" backspacing, and my custom specification has created the price discrepancy.

I've got some of their standard Power Wagon wheels and told them so; I even indicated to them that I really think they're a good quality wheel. I was hoping that they'd at least cut me a deal, since I've spent some money with them in the past, or at least offer me a trade-in on my current set. All I wrote was that I just didn't like the 5" backspacing, because the tires throw too much mud on my mirrors, which is the reason I'm in the market for new wheels anyway.

I mean $357 each is a lot of money when you're talking about five wheels, and then you've got shipping of about $25 a piece on top of that price. It's not like I'm made out of money, and you'd think they cut some kind of a discount for a returning customer. I do that for my business clients all the time. I guess they figure that I won't be a long lasting account or something, like my clients are in the construction business, but still?

If anyone has a connection down there at Stockton Wheel or have purchased some of their products in the recent past, I'd love to hear from you.

Also, if anyone has any options for me in my pursuit of new "stock-like" one piece wheels for the Kaiser, please speak up. Who knew that chrome wheels would be so expensive?