Thread: More knuckle cavity stuff

Default More knuckle cavity stuff

After doing some additional research I found two "over the counter" products so far that seem like a good alternative to standard grease, high viscosity oil or home brewed knuckle pudding. I'm going with a Cononco product called EP Conolith. It's a low viscosity grease used for enclosed drivetrain components like log skidder knuckles. It's has the consistancy of like a thick milk shake. I also found a similar Mobil product called SHC007. They both sell for about $2.00/lb. Mobil also has a synthetic equivalent for about $7.00/lb. Problem is that the dealer only sells it in 5gal pails, but he did turn me on to one of his customers who sold me a gallon. We also use a Kluber product at work in one of our printing presses that is similar but that stuff was about $12.00/lb.

What I'm using is actually Conoco EP Conolityh 000

For no more often than you change that stuff, it's good to pick a great product, but I'd go with the cheaper stuff too. The axle joints live in a somewhat protected enviroment and as long as there's some kind of lube in there the will live well. Far better chances of breaking one than ever having one wear out.

Of course, submerge them in water repeatedly, and forget to clean them out and all that changes. I found the ugliest looking wheel bearing at FE 08 for that reason
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

FE 08? Does your M715 have the time machine option?

Flux capacitor and everystuff!

(06, oops!)

Oh, that was a wheel bearing?! I thought it was some dust that got in there somehow. Heh, heh, heh....
    -- Tim Taylor

It was a wheel bearing from Mesozoic era

Yabba Dabba Dooo!!!