Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tail light feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER68 View Post
    I always get killed on Ebay. Someone always swoops in on the last 2 minutes of an auction and hammers me. That's not too bad a deal on Hummer/Duece lights though, I priced the LEDs at like $300 and the bulb type at $70. I just thought they were a bit large next to the stock B/O lights and went with these.
    $70 for fronts, rears, or all four?

Quote Originally Posted by green goat View Post
    $70 for fronts, rears, or all four?
    I believe it was for only one.The Hummer surplus store website, some really pricey stuff there. They wanted $195-$250 for an antenna set that I just bought from Maddog308 for $15 with shipping and Ebay has a few from $5-$15. I think it's becuase it's a Hummer website.

Tell me about it. I'm sittin' here right now waitin' to pounce on a VRC-12 radio set that's sittin' at $77.00
    I won, I finally won! $77.01 and $30 shipping. I don't know what I would have paid elswhere, but that sounded good for NOS with wiring and directions

Feels good don't it!!? If you change your mind on the lights I have a set of four new, bulb type with the big lenses I'll sell for $50 for front set and $50 for the rears or $25 each if it makes you feel any better.

I won, I finally won! $77.01 and $30 shipping. I don't know what I would have paid elswhere, but that sounded good for NOS with wiring and directions
    That's a great price if it works! I wonder if it does or has it been demilled. The last demill required for those radios was to take a torch and start at the top of the case and burn a hole through and out the bottom of the radio case. Some people are taking demilled ones and either getting the case repaired or replaced but leaving the mucked up insides as is. Good luck I hope you got lucky and got one that is complete and working.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by green goat View Post
    Feels good don't it!!? If you change your mind on the lights I have a set of four new, bulb type with the big lenses I'll sell for $50 for front set and $50 for the rears or $25 each if it makes you feel any better.
    I think I'm going to stick with the Unimog lights, thier a bit odd but that's what I like about them. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    That's a great price if it works! I wonder if it does or has it been demilled. The last demill required for those radios was to take a torch and start at the top of the case and burn a hole through and out the bottom of the radio case. Some people are taking demilled ones and either getting the case repaired or replaced but leaving the mucked up insides as is. Good luck I hope you got lucky and got one that is complete and working.
    I didn't think it would be functional at that price, I just wanted a looker. I didn't see any damage in the pictures, hopefully it's not trashed opposite the photo side.

i used gamma goat stop lights and converted them to 12v. they have three bulb sockets for running, stop and directional. i prefer the shape and size of the bucket. for daily driving they work excellent. not too big, not too small. ended up buying them at saturn after scams on ebay.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfrankie View Post
    Well they are not that pricey. AB Lin sells brand new ones for $62 everyday plus $7 shipping, total of $69.
    I scored a set of Ebay for $28 plus $12 shipping, total of $40 including shipping and they were brand new. Just have to keep your eyes out!
    I know this is an old post, however, could someone please enlighten me as to who AB Lin is? Maybe a link if possible

A B Linn is a nice gent who lives near Charlotte, NC. Generally, he is referred to as AB or ABLinn.

No website, but his email is ablinn@salisbury.net and he is pretty prompt about answering questions. I think he's sold down a fair bit of his inventory, but is very knowledgeable about the 715 series and fair in his pricing.

He does sell a lot of items on ebay - you can tell they're his auctions by the wooden chair under his items - I think the chair will be the last thing he sells!
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715