Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tail light feedback

Default Tail light feedback

I just bought these off of Steel Soldiers and I'm planning on using them outside the stock B/O lights. They are the same diameter and 3/4 inch shallower than the B/O light housing. I think they'll look O.K.

Ah der deutschland... I think those are German and possible came off of an Iltis.
    Zone holster maker

I personally like the newer style humvee lights/deuce lights with the large half circle red light on top with blackout on the bottom - not LED ones - the ones with regular bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfrankie View Post
    I personally like the newer style humvee lights/deuce lights with the large half circle red light on top with blackout on the bottom - not LED ones - the ones with regular bulbs.
    Yes they're cool but a little pricey. These are for a Unimog, brand new and made by Hella. $58.00 with shiipping.

Well they are not that pricey. AB Lin sells brand new ones for $62 everyday plus $7 shipping, total of $69.
    I scored a set of Ebay for $28 plus $12 shipping, total of $40 including shipping and they were brand new. Just have to keep your eyes out!

Well I was close they are german...
    Zone holster maker

I always get killed on Ebay. Someone always swoops in on the last 2 minutes of an auction and hammers me. That's not too bad a deal on Hummer/Duece lights though, I priced the LEDs at like $300 and the bulb type at $70. I just thought they were a bit large next to the stock B/O lights and went with these.

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Well I was close they are german...
    I'd say you were dead on.

I plan on driving mine so I wanted a nice large red stop/turn lamp. Those stock blackout lamps are so small. Mine didn't have any taillights, so I bought a pair of the old style bulb Humvee/Deuce lights.
    I agree about Ebay...you just have to wait and strike at the right time. I find most experienced Ebayers wait until the last 5 minutes or less and throw a bid in.
    Actually, I got mine out of pure luck on Ebay at $28. I miss-spelled tail light "taillight" and a set popped up! Needless to say I bid against one other guy and the bidding started at $9.99 and I won them at $28.00!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfrankie View Post
    I agree about Ebay...you just have to wait and strike at the right time. I find most experienced Ebayers wait until the last 5 minutes or less and throw a bid in.
    Tell me about it. I'm sittin' here right now waitin' to pounce on a VRC-12 radio set that's sittin' at $77.00