Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Siezed engine!?

Your correct Dan, in order to pressurize the cylinder, the valves would have to be shut.

I've got a constant pressure against the socket on the end of the cam right now. I made some marks, so tomorrow I'll see if anything has moved at all. Depending on what happens, I just might be tearing it apart tomorrow.

Correct that will only work on the cylinders that are on compression with the valves closed-should have said that. My buddy did it with a volkswagen-flat four design might have helped his cause. I've never done it as I've got a good hill and usually I'm not in a rush-I just fill er sit and wait

I like that natural progression idea!!! That's pretty cool.

Last time with the AC tractor I actually forgot about it because it had been a couple weeks-Then looked over one day and thought "hmmm whats moved out here-oh yeah the tractors at the bottom of the hill". Good way to start the day.

Default Time to try the starter

Well, I think having the constant pressure all of last night and today moved it just a little bit. It looks like my mark at the 6 o'clock position moved to about 6:30-7:00, lol. It was suggested that I just try to use the starter. I was afraid if that did break it free, it would hurt something, what do you guys think? I have four 6-volt golf cart batteries. Was thinking about wiring them up to get 24 volts. You think that will throw enough amps?, lol.

Brandon I think the prior suggestion of pulling the cast pan off the bottom and getting a long pry bar would really be a good start, you get a lot of leverage that way, but be sure to get fully engaged and straight with the teeth. Make sure the pry end fits the teeth good, get it in the air enough to get a foot on something solid and enough to recover if you slip off. It's worked several times for me, be carefull! Dan

Sometimes brake fluid (dot 3)helps. Try pouring a couple ounces into the cylinders and let it soak in, then try turning it over. Be careful using a breaker bar on the harmonic balancer bolt, it might strip if you wail on it too hard. Can't hurt it anymore than it is.
    1969 M715 WO/W

Brake fluid is a great penetrant.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

All the oil/fluid ideas are standard requirements, but it would be interesting if you could use an external heat source to get the engine up to, or even a little past operating temp. Sure wouldn't think it would hurt. Got an inline block heater?
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I am reminded of an old mechanic I knew years ago. I walked into his shop as he was cussing a flat head Ford V8. All the pistons were stuck and he had the heads off. I asked him what he was going to do. He showed me.

He poured as much kerosene as he could on top of each piston and then lit them on fire. When the fire was burned off, the crank turned just fine and all the pistons moved.

(Doug, you probably shouldn't think about this method since it involves fire.)
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw