Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice seats Barrman

Default Nice seats Barrman

Barrman,

I've noticed the seats in your truck from some other threads, but never a full-on shot to get a good look. I'm in the market for some new seats, and would like to hear your comments on the style you are using (comfort, fit, etc.)

Also, are you able to post a good picture of your seats sometime in the near future? Thanks -MM

Ditto

This is the best shot of the drivers seat I have at work.

I do not know what they came out of. I got them from another member. I do know that they look exactly like the seats in HUMVEE's. They slide front to back and adjust up and down. Mine is all the way down and stays that way.

They are not soft. When you first get in them, you think they are stiff as a board. Yet, driving 6 hours each way to the Texas FE my back and back side never hurt or got numb. I like to be able to move around a little and shift my self as I drive. These seats allow that with ease. They don't push you back to where the seat wants you to be.

The drives seat lines up great with the steering wheel. The passenger seat couldn't be centered on the passenger side because of the hump in the floor. I didn't want to change out the bases or raise it up any higher, so the passenger sits closer to the door than before. But, nobody has complained yet. There is still enough room to mount an Optima behind the seat and allow the stock door glass to be hung there like it is supposed to be. I tried to put a top frame back there this morning and I think the battery is in the way compared to the seat. I still need to find the picture of how it goes in there before I know for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I got the seats for Barman. I have 2 mounted in the rear of my Deuce. I will try to get some PICs and post up.
    How much intrest?
    I have a few sets I had planed on using but might part with.
    I also have several of the seats with out the bases.

I'd like to see some more pics, maybe with a tape pulled across for size. I think I have some available local. Thanks.

Sermis, Are you going to spill the beans and let us know what they are out of?
    Zone holster maker

Sermis, I may be interested in a set. Could you send me a PM and maybe a picture or two. How much do you want for a set? Thanks Fisherman

Sermis,
    I may be interested in the ones W/O bases, depending on your measurements. The bases won't work with my roll bar, but I also have to know seat width for distant between bars and console. Thanks

I happen to have mine in my class again today.

Side to side, the bottom cushion is 18-1/8" with no pressure applied. The back is 18-1/4" wide with no pressure applied.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

That's good information Barrman. I've got 22.5" between bar and console, so they'll fit width-wise.

If it's not much trouble, I'd like a seat height dimension without the floor base. My roll bar runs under the current custom seats and leaves me with about 4.5" in height before becoming an uncomfortable clearance to steering wheel. Thanks in advance.