Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Pump Help!!!!!!!!

I thought about trying to do mine before I ended up switching motors. If I were going to attempt it I would try heating the pulley and then pressing the shaft out through the pulley...

To reinstall i would put the water pump in the freezer for a day or so rose bud the pulley and then try and press it back on.

One could also go and have the shaft threaded at a machine shop and then have a pulley threaded to match (maybe not the stock pulley which would solve having to remove it).

Anyways good luck with it I went the easy route and swapped motors.

I wish I had the luxury of a couple extra pumps and pullies so I could try it myself. I need to have my pulley swapped over to a new pump so I can get my truck running again. I've got the worn pump with pressed on pulley and a new water pump sans pulley sitting on my bench waiting to be swapped. Don't know if I should risk taking it to a machine shop to have it swapped since chances are they haven't done a tornado water pump pulley swap before, or just send it to Bob to have him do it since he's had some experience with that.

The center of the stock pulley is threaded...its something like a 1/4-20...someone posted it before the drive failure wasted that info...

Someone tried just pressing it off with that and it didnt work...the heat thing was talked about but I honestly dont remember if it was tried.

The expansion with heat to come off and freezing to go on, at least in my book, would be mandatory.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I am in need of a water pump....

I am in need of a water pump or info please...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevdog View Post
    I am in need of a water pump or info please...
    I haven't yet, but, I'm going to go this route on getting a water pump.
    A little more expensive, but it will be right, without the worry of installing the pulley.
    https://www.memphisequipment.com/Par...px?id=10000500

WOW! 210.00 sure seems high to me, but....where else ya' gonna get one?

Quote Originally Posted by fng View Post
    WOW! 210.00 sure seems high to me, but....where else ya' gonna get one?
    Yea I know.
    At least $50.00 of that is a refundable core charge, but return shipping could eat alot of that up

210 for a pump with a 50.00 core charge isnt realy that bad in my opinon, you can send the pump back usps with a flat rate box for around 15.00. water pumpsfor the regular car/truck you drive can run from 60.00 to a couple hundred dollars.I plan getting one sometime this year just to keep around, not sure if ill put it on and keep the used as a spare, its one of those things that are on my mind when i take my truck out of town on a long ride. I rebuilt a spare fuel pump and have that ready to go also if needed.

Duane

Here's a clean rebuildable one on eBay.