Thread: Wiring Harness

Default Wiring Harness

This is an item currently on E-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M35A2...QQcmdZViewItem

This guy has had at least one of these listed continuously for months now. It is for the multifuel M35 with Packard connectors. I have been looking over wiring diagrams for my M35 gasser with Douglas connectors seeing if it is worth my while to buy a new harness and mess with the few things that have to stay Douglas on my truck such as the water temp sender and oil psi sender. I also looked at a way to make it work with my gas engine ignition coil.

Well, somewhere in the process it dawned on me that the M35 and the M715 have basically identical wiring. The lights are all the same except for the drivers side b/o brake light. The on-off switch is the same and so are the gauges that need power. The only difference is physical size of the rear harness, in the tank fuel pump, flame thrower manifold heater, no dedicated engine ignition wire and the alternator is on the passenger side instead of the drivers side.

The solid state blinker wiring is all there along with new cannon fittings for every connection. I am going to try this in a few months on my Gasser and will report any problems I have making a multifuel harness work with a gas engine. But, I figured some of you thinking about wiring should think about this as a cheap source of military wiring that is basically already set up for our trucks.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

So does a M151 and even the M998. The wiring is basically the same. In fact I think a M151 harness is closer to M715. Alt is on the left hand side as well as BO light. M151A2 is all set for the turnsignal and marker lights A1 rear harness has intank fuel pump but A2 rear doesn't. Rear will be need lengthening, but otherwise a good fit. M35A2 wire harness doesn't have the ignition circut which you mentioned. Same with the M998 doesn't have ignition because of it being a diesel.
    Zone holster maker

At $1.00/foot for the wire and $1.00 each for connectors I have been looking for something that will get me new without new prices. This comes close. I will look at the 151 harness the same guy has been selling a lot of lately.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw