Thread: my block arrived finally.

Default my block arrived finally.

I ordered a world merlin block, BBC, and it arrived today, its sweet with 4.49 inch bore and as soon as I figure out how big the stroke is im ordering an Eagle rotating assembly with Mahle coated pistons, 13.5 compression.
    im not sure if the nv4500 is strong enough for about 900 hp so im thinking about the deuce tranny, has anyone ran a combo like this before? probably a deuce transfer case and five ton axles and 53 inch tires.

Tom, (Spicer) had a deuce tranny (3053?) in his truck.

Go with the 3052A OD from the Duece Dave. My NV4500 is doing good, but I get weird noises every now and then. We both know the Duece tranny is stout and parts are a lot cheaper in case you drop the clutch from too high an rpm later on.

I think you will have trouble making the Duece t-case fit between the frame rails. Try the NP205 first and see if it lives.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

To heck with frame rails....tube chasis!

Dave, I always had thought you had lost your mind...that engine confirms it
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

3053a is the od deuce tranny. I have it sitting waiting for a 205 to go in my 725. All that is needed is the larger bell, bell adapter and clutch. Pics:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gimpyrob...60762339971169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    To heck with frame rails....tube chasis!

Dave, I always had thought you had lost your mind...that engine confirms it
    you mean we have to have a mind to drive crazy powered trucks? LOL! the tube frame was a thought but rigidity and strength along with ease of mounting the cab and all keeping it somewhat in stock form is why Im not going that way.
    I know the nv4500 is the strongest truck tranny and I have one already but I can get the duece tranny pretty cheap and might use the nv4500 for my 725 in the future.

I thought about diesel but cant get the high rpms needed to really turn the tires hard in the mud pits or when pulling that dump truck up the hill at the TTC.

I am mating a BBC to a 3053A to be used in a mud truck I found out that you cant use the stock flywheel or bellhousing out of the heavy truck like in the JP artical for high rpm's they explode. So I am going to try using a SFI bellhousing and 168 tooth flywheel with 12\" clutch. Has any one done this can you help me out Thank For you time