Thread: FNG here

Default FNG here

Question - what would it take to replace the entire floorboard of a 715? I've found a '67 sitting in a pasture parked for 8-10 years. The floors are completely rusted out behind the seats (6 ft briars growing through). Everything else seems solid - some rust in the rockers, bed looks good, no canvas, windows are milky, weather seals are shot. We did hook to it after I managed to get it in gear and pulled it just enough to comfirm the engine is not locked up (stock 230 Tornado).

I know it would be hard to say without more info or photos, but what could I reasonably expect to pay for it? It has not been modified in any way except for paint and has the blackout lights, d-rings, gerry can holders, bumperettes, etc. Someone stole the radiator. It has 17,366 miles.

Just trying to get some idea of what it will take to get it running before I take it on. Thanks!!

Top of my head, I'd offer 300-400 bucks and then expect to spend about 4000 at least to get it nice again.

All the little odds and ends needed to fix is up are what's going to be hard. Floors are pretty much the same as those in a J-truck though. It's the engine that worries me. Sounds like you're leaning toward getting the stock engine running. Some parts might be hard ($$$) to find.

I agree with no more than $500. Perhaps more if you're going to part it out (the brushguard can fetch $100 and the tailgate $200 or more, etc.)
    -- Tim Taylor

Thanks for the replies. I think I can get it for $400-500. If it turns out to be more than I want to put into it, I can alway part it out. I'm kinda' excited - I'll post pictures if I get it.

AB Linn used to have some NOS replacement floor pans, might still have some. You could pull the cab, jig it up, cut and weld.

On mine, I just cut out the bad and welded in new sheetmetal on the floor where needed, probably replaced 25% of the floor. Didn't pull the cab, did it in place.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.