Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The girls at SOS love me

Default The girls at SOS love me

So I went and applied for my title yesterday at SOS. An hour and half later and $45 short I have an application on file with Michigan SOS-should be here in a couple weeks. Had the form all filled out but it seems NONE of the info for the M715 is on their books. No Kaiser -No M715- no weight(needed cause its a truck) and the girl was a bit leary of the 6 digit VIN. Took the whole office to get the forms filled out and they took the weight and other info from me on faith--or an extreme desire to be rid of me. Of course I didnt feel bad as overall I left about $400 light.

WOW ! When I titled my M725 I think I paid 1/2 that. No title only bill of sale. Reg as Jeep, the only set back was telling them that I was not going to start up an Ambulance Service.
    I think I would call someone up the chain.
    John

Yep, I guess I got lucky too said it was a jeep, Kaiser Jeep, the young girl looked at me like I was lying or trying to make fun of her. A few other people in line (cause there is always a line in SOS in MI) had big smiles. So I had to say that was the company that made the jeeps before AMC, she glared at me again. Thai time I said sorry, thats the co. that made them before Chrysler. Now she was getting mad cause I think she was embarrassed. Thank god another employee came over to the rescue. Anyway when I got out side and looked at what they put on the slip I was very happy. CHEAP! CHEAP! CHEAP!
    Oh! And dont go stirring up no stink! jk.
    We are gettin alot of trucks here in MI.

Oh! and welcome to the frenzy.

I lucked out in NC. Mine previously belonged to the USFS. The girl, same deal, was leary of my VIN, which was 5 digits (I think the FS just picked a #). Durn if she didn't poke that number into the computer, and my truck came up. I don't know which one of us was more surprised.

The USFS at some point had registered it as a Jeep J4000. Even better, the value in the DMV ssytem was 1/5 what I had paid for it, so property taxes are only about $3 per year.

Funny thing is, this year, I got my county property tax statement, it's still a Jeep, but the model name is changed to "Residual Value". Can't wait to get my plate renewal notice and see if the state changed it also, or if it's just the county tax system.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

When I went in to plate and transfer the title on mine, they were a bit confused about what it was. Luckily the previous title was a MI title and listed the truck as a Kaiser Jeep model M715 and used the 6 digit vin. But when it came time to plate it she asked if it was an old army jeep and I said yes. Well she used the wieght of a 60's era "Jeep" (probably a cj5) so my plates are cheap. $32 a year. They listed the wieght as 2800.

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

Talking

It is nice when you can get a break, and not get bent over the counter.

Finally got my 715 titled correctly - the guy even knew what a 715 was - I asked if he was a 'nam vet, he said he wasn't but knew a bunch of them.

Only interesting part on mine is that they listed it as a cargo truck, instead of a pickup - wonder if he was thinking of a deuce when he did it.

Also, the orig title listed it as green, not the butt-ugly city yellow it is now - time to get the sprayer out!

Cargo truck is correct for the M715 Rich.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Well, you and I know it is listed as a cargo truck, but usually all pickups over here in the tax-me state are listed as pickups.

No biggie to me, just thought it was unusual.