Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military Restoration versus Modified

Just thought I'd try out my picture posting skills.

Are those suicide doors?

The author of this post by no means condones this type of modification or blisterization of well preserved and perfectly functional military vehicles.

I think a little of both. Keep the stock look, but as others have said update the drive train. My, .02.

The 429/C6 combo are definitely going in. The I6 needs plug wires and at $208 plus shipping I think I can justify the BBF very easily.

I wouldn't mind seeing additional photos of the cab-and-a-half truck... just for future reference.

I like trying to make things better. I find it very frustrating to limit myself to what someone engineered 40 years ago. My two Jeeps are very heavily modified. The one car I won't modify is my '66 Toronado. That car is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by krek View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing additional photos of the cab-and-a-half truck... just for future reference.
    I'd send you more, but it took me about 30 minutes to compose and post the one above.

I'm still looking at making an extended cab M715 in the future- gonz

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    Are those suicide doors?
    Cool mod! With my history aligning doors I've got a head ache just looking at it. Did you put jump seats behind the main seats? Very good work.

Actually, I've got jump seats that face to the outside, with the backs aligned with the battery box. The spacing between the seatbacks contains my 1500 watt sub-woofer and a 20 gallon kegenator for Friday night cruising.

Even cooler!

Can you photoshop a Ford 429 in there for me so I can hear what it will sound like and spray it OD?
    1967 & 1968 M715
    The ChopTop