Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The V.A. and my m715

Default The V.A. and my m715

Had my son drive me to the va to get staples removed from a total knee replacement yesterday.While waiting for the doc,the v.A. cops ask if I drive a green truck parked outside.I say cant drive it now but yes its mine.They tell me they removed my pick,axe and shovel,and have them locked up.I ask why did you do that?Cops tell me under title 18 these are weppons and not allowed on govt land.I asked if the five gallons of gasoline in the can in my bed was a bomb.They told me no but the tools were a bad thing,WTF.They did give me them back when we left but the pick head bracket was badly bent.Jerks I say.

You can't file a lawsuit against the VA but you can get the media and press involved. I'd make a big deal out of it. I'd insist that they pay for the damage to the "highly sought after and collectable, one of a kind custom military vehicle". Up to and including a new paint job since a bodyshop can't correctly match up the paint on the heavily dammaged quarter panel!
    Please believe me you can do alot with just a couple of phone calls.
    I flew for Oklahoma University Hospital witch is co-located with the VA in OKC. During the two years I worked there I came to see the security people there as a bunch of self-important, no GED havin', lazy, ethnically challenged, low life-can't get a job anywhere else bullies. Hard to get a good $6.00 an hour rent-a-cop these days!
    Call your local TV station (today!) for a 30 second soundbite with a two shot showing the damage to your truck (nice truck too, by the way) that you spent years and many thousands of dollars to restore and since of course your post surgically impaired, you "just don't see how you can afford the time, effort, and money to correct it." .........you just may be able to gold plate that brushguard and shifter after that hits the air!
    Seriously, I'd persue this one with gusto, the media milks on stuff like this.
    Sorry for the rant but I've been told I have trouble with authority before, does it show?

Gotta gree. While it may be an somewhat overzealous reaction thi is the government you are dealing with. They don't understand anything short of a full frontal assault. While you won't get anything changed, yet anyway, you may get a few more people to wake up and see just how absurd things are today. That is one of the best things we can accomplish at this stage.

Quote from Lt.Gen. George S. Patton (circa 1944):
    "The best way to open any controversial conversation is with two rounds of Main-Gun"

How friggen ridiculous.

I'd make a stink....
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

shot over - fire for effect!

azzhats! Should have them arrested for theft from your vehicle!

I'd be mad! Start making some noise and get them to PAY for someone to repair your mount. I hate frivilous lawsuits, but they had no business STEALING stuff from your truck. Duh, it's obviously a (former) military vehicle.

I never knew my shovel and pic/axe were considered weapons... If I hide them in the bed, do I need a conceal/carry permit?

Go git 'em, man! Seriously. If only to cause them embarrassment. We need to get this kind of crap out in public more if anything's going to change.
    -- Tim Taylor

Not to mention that they probably don't inspect all the work trucks on the property, or the plumbers, electricians, etc that come to the VA in their work trucks.

The only reason they screwed with you is that the tools, and that's what they are, tools, were visible.

I'd throw a fit at the top on-site VA guy.

My company has done numerous construction type jobs over the last 25 years at three area VA hospitals. Never had any issues with shovels, picks, hammers, and etc.
    Now when we work in the psyc ward...that's totally different...understandably so. Tools are checked in, and checked out and you don't leave them laying if you don't want them stuck in your back. In the friggen parking lot the "psycs" are what need to be controlled.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.