Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batteries for -725?

Default Batteries for -725?

Okay, this question is for the -725 owners out there:

What model batteries do you use in the rear compartment battery box? The box looks short to me, and looks like the metal top cover to the batt. box would hit the contacts on the batteries, and short them out. Is there a short 12volt commercial battery that you all would recommend to fit that box? Thanks!

Side mounts? Only thing I can think of. My,.02.

I used a side mount single 12V on mine.

I used group 27 deep cycle have not had any problem and us the stock hold down and cover.
    John

I've got two 900cca batteries from Costco. Top posts, but I don't have the top to my battery box. They were/are 45.00 each and still kicking 3yrs later.

When 725 was purchased , there was a top post group 78 in the battery compartment,no lid on compatment but the seat cushion fit ok . I moved battery location to the passenger tool compartment outside the truck . Installed a 31 series Optima yellow top with top studs and just redid all the battery cables at same time .

My rear was gutted so I used the tool compartment. I am using sometype of computer backup gelcell battery. $15.00. I don't know much about the battery but it has worked for 3 years and going strong. I would rather put the batery under the hood to free up the compartment but I need a fender mound due to the heater mounted on the firewall.

Just thought about it , posting pic of install .

woah thats where its supposed to go? mine are under the rear seats, I thought thats where they were supposed to be.

nevermind i just read the other posts!