Thread: waggy hood?

Default waggy hood?

I know they fit but was there ever a difference in the waggy hoods? Between year to year.

I tossed my old hood awhile back because I had a waggy hood to use, after laying it on there the other night I noticed it didnt fit very good at the very front, were the front makes the ^ on each side of the grill opening.

I dont remember my old hood fitting like this at all. But it has been sometime ago.

Thanks Steve

The FSJ and M715 hoods were all stamped on the same press. The only difference is the latch mechanism and the pieces that go side to side at the ^ in the front. I don't have any detailed pictures here which is the best way to describe it. Basically, the M715 hood had none of the FSJ stuff except one of the two "female" housings that went over the valence mounted "male" locator pin with no latching stuff inside. Of course, the B/O spot light holes and the footman loop mount are missing from the FSJ hood along with the hood latches above the fenders.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Duncan,

My original M715 hood was walked on so I bought a hood off a 1990 Grand Wagoneer. I will tell you that my new hood doesn't match up perfectly either. I noticed the same thing you are talking about and no matter how I tried to align the new hood, it still doesn't match up perfectly. If you didn't look real close or aren't a perfectionist, you would never know! We are in the same boat my friend....at first it bothered me, but months later I could care less!

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I am sure its gonna bug me for awhile.

Steve