Thread: Buford's Back, Finally.

Default Buford's Back, Finally.

After a long haul figuring out my clutch stuff I finally have it installed and the drivetrain complete, well almost. I just need to finish my hydraulic clutch stuff, and finish brake lines. I may do a near factory breather system for the axle and t case venting them up under the dash somewhere.

A shot of Buford Buick 350 installed and my finally installed, custom bent t case shifter, rods.

I had a lot of bending to make the stock t case shifter rods work like they should, I think it came out great, everything works like new with the newly rebuilt 202.

A shot of the factory stub shaft I had shortened to keep my stock driveshafts. I think we took about 2" from the stub shaft.

A couple sideshots that show the shifters, e brake lever and the stock shafts for t case shifter bent in the shapes. Coated the joints and moving areas with sliplate, graphite base paint.

Hopefully the pictures turn out Ok, and I didn't duplicate any. Now on the Hydraulic clutch mounting of the slave cylinder this weekend.

Sharp! It looks really, really good.

Holy cow, man! That's sure come a looooong way! Looks great!
    -- Tim Taylor

I like your t-case shifter setup Todd. Nice job!
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks Fellas, and also thanks Dan Saxon for your help figuring out my clutch setup. Hope Arizona is nice and warm. Fisherman

That is sweet. I dig it.

I'd vent those lines along the firewall unless you like sucking gear oil fumes.

Good idea Tacoma, I guess I didn't figure I would smell gear oil smell from the vent lines. I won't chance it now you bring it up, Good point. Somewhere along the firewall it will go.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but I actually had to run a vent off the t-case into the cab once, and I did not enjoy it. Part of an emergency shift tower repair in BFE, 60mi drive home like that.

I'll be routing those lines soon, at least getting up near the engine, then I can finish when the cab goes back on. I worked on mocking up my hydraulic clutch mounting. Pretty much done, just need to re measure and look at everthing, a little welding and bolt it up. Novak sent me two pieces for mounting, neither of which will work, but one cut apart and the second one added with some fab makes quick work of a Novak oversight. I will be able to start on my brake lines this weekend. And if I can score the winch driveshafts and shifter I will get my winch setup going.