Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my modified 715

Default Pictures of my modified 715

This is my first time posting pictures so hopefully it will work. I'd like everyone to see the mods that I did on my truck.

Notice my aftermarket fiberglass hard top.

Im running a stock radiator with a rebuilt chevy 305 with a mild cam and powder coated headers. I also have a seven bladed flexilite fan and a radiator shroud that was almost identical to the stock 230 shroud. The only difference is I had to drill out 2 lower mounting bolt holes that the shroud was indented for, but they were not drilled. I bought this off of ebay the seller didnt know what it came off of, but as far as I can tell, it was almost identical to the stock 230 shroud. For the lower radiator hose, I dont have the part number right now, but all i needed to do was cut 3 inches off either end and it had the correct angles. This motor never overheats and in fact I have 2/3 of my radiator blocked off with a piece of cardboard, and without the cardboard, the engine wont even reach 160 degrees.

In this photo you may be able to see how I made the motor mounts and winch drive shaft bearing container.

These two photos show the operating directions for the welding generator body that I removed from the truck to install a regular bed. You can see the levers mounted on the floorboard which were used to disengage the rear axle and engage the welder generator. You can also see the button for the micobrake on the dash.

This photo shows my homemade tailgate. This is made from heavier than stock gauge metal. The rubber bumpers were removed from an M725. I think they were bumpers for the patient litter but they look close to what was supposed to be there.

Misc. Pictures:

P.S Im looking for some 1100-16 tires for my truck if anyone has some. thanks! Mark
    Last edited by brute4c; February 21st, 2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: resized pics

Awsome mods...
    The first few pics may need to be resized and reposted. A moderator could help.

the tail gate is great. You did a great job if you did it yourself.

By all means if a mod can fix the photo size that would be great.As far as the tailgate I had a sheat metal shop bend me the pieces and I welded them up,after a few mods.

Nice truck...!!!

Hey where did you get the hard top, and for how much???

Man, I do like that truck. Nicely done. Makes me want to move a little faster on mine. And yes I'd like to see the engine pic's made smaller so I can actually see it. Kind of like using a microscope to view an elephant.

Nice truck. I like the spot light where the black-out light would be on the hood.

almost looks like one of my repro tailgates. see guys no jeep letters dont look bad and you could always use vynil letters......
    bob

Alex,I bought a parts truck to get the hardtop and a bed.The top is well made.I have seen a few of this top and think they were made by M.E. or some other military truck dealer.I paid I think 300.00 for the truck and 100.00 to have it towed from ct. to mass.

Very nice! Thats the hard top I would like to get, I allready have two different metal ones. The last metal one I got my hands on is starting to grow on me.
    I got to say, I think at future F.E. gatherings, there are going to be alot more guys taking it a little easier on there babys. lol. Again very cool!

Yea after removeing the cab and sandblasting the frame, rebuilt motor power steering vett mc elecrtic wipers.Replaceing both rockers and splitting the seams at the cab corners and floor borads.New seat covers 12 volt conversion paint etc.I wont be beating the trails to much.I did however smoke the crap out of the tires that you can see now mounted on the front.