Thread: Pioneer Straps/Toolsalso

Default Pioneer Straps/Toolsalso

How many pioneer tool straps does the M715 need? I bought 6 to be sure...also, where do many of you buy your tools? I'd like ones with wooden handles. Can these be bought at Sears or Home Depot or Lowes?

If you want period correct tools it is hard to buy them at the home center especially the shovel. Its hard to find shovels with out a plastic handle on it. Also the GI shovel has a flatter spade than comercial ones have and therefor the commercial shovels don't sit in the holder as well as GI ones.
    Zone holster maker

Really, Joe? About the military shovels fitting better? My shovel mount was welded about 1 inch forward on my truck than most others I've seen, so I can't find a shovel that will fit. I'll have to borrow a military shovel to try out sometime....

Frankie, you can get the pick-mattock and axe heads from the hardware store and get new hickory handles for them. That's what I did. I painted the tool heads and stained the handles a dark walnut and put several coats of urethane over them.

The straps themselves are two different lengths as I recall.
    Last edited by Binford; February 21st, 2007 at 12:44 AM.
    -- Tim Taylor

Similar Threads

1. U- Joint straps
    By jeepjunker in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2009, 09:19 AM
  2. Jerry Can Straps Suck
    By fng in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: August 16th, 2007, 11:50 PM
  3. Bed Bow corners ... the straps actually
    By teking in forum Open Discussion Archives