Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Regulators

Default Window Regulators

Has anyone tried J truck window regulators as a replacement? Mine fall off the stock ones and half the time they don't catch on the way up.. I am fearing a busted window if I don't replace these.

Why not use stock ones? I have one of them I bought from VPW...wasnt too much...dont need it...will sell for $15 if you want.

Also...if the window if falling into the door, it sounds like the little clip that holds the regulator arm on the botton of the window frame has popped off...thats what mine was doing...you can get the new clips or even use a c-clip instead...thats what I did...no problems since.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for the offer, I bought a stock one off ebay I think it's the driver side but I don't have it in my possesion as of yet. The best i can tell the little round pin that goes in the arm that moves the window up and down has broke off in mine. The driver's side won't go up or down or hold itself up as there is not enough there for the window to sit on (been using a sawed off mop handle to hold it up). The passenger side has a little longer pin in it with some sort of washer or clip on it and it actually works unless it slips off track (I think the mechanism is just worn or bent on that side).

Are they interchangeable as far as you just flip em over to use them on one side or the other? If thats the case I would like to buy the one off you and I should be set. If not I can wait and see what side I got coming and then see what side you have.

They are not interchangeable....I think mine is a passenger side...I will check that.

The window and frame is one piece in the door....then there is the regulator with the pin on the end of the arm and a clip ties it all together....not sure how it could slip off track unless you mean the gear teeth in the regulator lose alignment...the window with its attached frame and the door rails are pretty hard to mess up unless theres been a tweaking of the door maybe.

I'll let ya know which I have.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

I have NOT done it, but I suspect the civilian manual regulator would work just fine. I swapped the window assemblies to a civilian door and the 715 windows work just fine in it.

You could make this work:
    http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...p?pid=77&cid=8

and this:
    http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...?pid=391&cid=8

You could cut and weld the end of a civvy regulator arm onto your stock one if they're different.

Oops...forgot about this...will have pic(s) later today.

Heres the pics...and some info:

This is the back side, side facing the outside of the door, of a drivers side window regulator. I asked for a passenger side when I bought it but this is verified as a drivers side now...note that the disc on the right end of the arm is a washer like thing with a spring beneath...it is not the retaining clip that goes on that end after putting that pin through the window frame hole.

This is the front side, facing the inide of the door, of a drivers side regulator. What helps ID this as a drivers side is:
    On the end with the window crank mount, left, the upper mounting screw in the pic has a flat area around it...the lower one in the pic has a fold in the metal...next pic will show this better from the end. The lower left mounting screw in this pic is actually the upper front one when installed.

Here you can see edge on that the window crank mount is angled on the regulator. One side, the upper when mounted, right hand side in this view, has 2-90° bends forming a step and the other side, lower when mounted, left hand in this image, has an angled ramp to the crank ount location with no step.

If one takes off the inner door panel, you will note that the round flat spring is always behind the crank mount when installed AND if you reach your hand through the opening just above the front of the regulator, you can feel the step created by the 2-90° bends. Thus, this must be a drivers side piece.

Spring location and step location is the easiest ID I found. No part number appeared anywhere I could see, though I did find the word:

MUNCEY

on the flat area between the spring and the window crank mount under the dirt and light grease tha was there when I took the pics.

I have 2 spare doors with regulators, so I have 2 spare drivers unis and 1 spare passenger unit....let me know if you need any.

Here is the pictures of the one I bought I still am unsure of the side as I don't have it here. Looks like it could be either one depending on how its turned.

Actually on further review it looks like this is a driver side as well I can't really see the flat spot but it kind of tapers down from a rectangle in the same spot

On a side not I pulled my 230 today along with the T-98 fully intending to put in the new input shaft I bought from parts mike and bolt it to the ford bellhousing I got. No dice. They assured me a t-18 or a np435 bell would work with the T-98 but it most assuredly will not as the bottom 2 holes are not even close. It looks like I will have to use a Ford t-18 or Np435 now and I doubt my pto will bolt to either